• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Triceratop Spin have long lines like Dumbo?

suebedo

Mouseketeer
I am struggling with my AK touring plan.

I was wondering, does Triceratop Spin get really longs lines like Dumbo does? All the touring plan site everywhere tell you to go to Dumbo very first thing in AM at MK. Is this the same for triceratop spin at AK?

My son is 3 and there aren't many rides for him at AK. I know he would love the this ride but I don;t want to wait in long lines for it.
TIA!

Nope; it doesn't; especially early in the day. But don't tell anybody else, it will be our secret;) FWIW, occasionally I have had to wait through one-even two ride cycles.

As I recall, you can fit more people into a Triceratop than you can in a Dumbo, so I think that's one reason why the line isn't usually long. Also, Dumbo is a classic ride -- lots of history there, so people want to ride it for the nostalgia. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

this attraction is now scheduled for refurb starting jan 20, as an fyi.

I didn't see that rehab scheduled. How long will it be down for?

When at AK we always head to the safari first. After enjoying a ride or two on the safari we head to Dinoland. We have never had any long lines in Dinoland before lunch. Like a previous poster said, we have had to wait through one or two cycles of the ride at most.

Have fun! :daisy:

I was in at WDW in August. We wanted to do Dumbo, just to say that we did (and I don't think that I've been on it since the 80s). It always had a line of at least 45 minutes. But on our last day, my son and I were at AK, lines were outrageous for Everest (which we had already done twice, earlier that week) and Kahli (which we wanted to do, shoot, we were wearing swim trunks that day, for that very reason), but we walked right onto the triceratops spin.

I've only done it early in the day, but at that time there's no line so the CMs have let us stay on for multiple rides, and we've even been the only ones on (when riding it first thing).

Another option for a similar ride is the magic carpets of Alladin, which is usually not too busy either.

Was at MK at New Years. Dumbo wait was so far out of the ropes and wrapping around that people at the back did not know what they were standing in line for. The wait time board said 120 minutes, but it had to be longer than that as slow as it loads. Tri Spin was nothing like that even with AK very busy as well.

there's a good chance there's currently only one site it might be listed on at the moment. but it comes from an official disney source.

We've done Triceratops Spin a few times just to pass time while waiting for an FP return time someplace else. We've never seen really long lines like you see for Dumbo. It is cute, but mostly for little kids. Of course my 17 year old DD and I are just big kids at heart so we enjoy it!

My kids rode it 2x first thing. There was no wait at all. By afternoon, we noticed the line was pretty long, but not bad like Dumbo.

All the times I have gone we just go right on. There is never a wait.

This is usually in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter