• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Tinkerbell really fly out of the castle for Wishes?

walkdmc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I've never focused on the castle or FW display much. I'm the one running around trying to cram IASW, Peter Pan, Poohs Ride, and Snow White into the schedule while Wishes is happening. However, I recently read here that Tinkerbell flew down from the castle at the start of the show. What actually happens and where should I be standing to see Tink? Thanks!

Oh my gosh, how can you go to Disney World and not see Wishes and Tink fly.

She flys out of the top of the castle toward Tomorrowland on a wire, you can see her anywhere you can see the top front portion of the castle.

Wishes and Tink are must see.

Yes, she does, unless there is some weather related reason she can't. To best see her, you need to be near the front of the castle. She flies out over near Tomorrowland,

Suzanne

I love watching Tink fly!!! We always try to stand on the bridge to Tomorrow Land.:goodvibes

Oh my gosh, how can you go to Disney World and not see Wishes and Tink fly.

She flys out of the top of the castle toward Tomorrowland on a wire, you can see her anywhere you can see the top front portion of the castle.

Wishes and Tink are must see.

No, No!! Tink doesn't actually fly ON the wire-I mean, after all she's Tinkerbelle and just uses the wire to help guide her. DS was a musician at DL, and a "friend of Tinkerbelle";) was his choreographer. Some of the stories she told were very interesting.

Please be aware that as of June 6, Wishes will be replaced with a new fireworks show for Disney's Summer Nighttastic promotion. The new show is scheduled to run until mid-August but rumors are that it will be extended. It is not known if Tink will fly as a part of this new fireworks show.

No, No!! Tink doesn't actually fly ON the wire-I mean, after all she's Tinkerbelle and just uses the wire to help guide her. DS was a musician at DL, and a "friend of Tinkerbelle";) was his choreographer. Some of the stories she told were very interesting.

Oh yes I forgot, ;) :rolleyes1

Yes and it is amazing to see - especially when you witness it for the first time.

My mom used to work in costuming at MK (years ago, before working at DRC) and she was one of the CM's who helped Tink get ready for her flight. From what I understand Tink occasionally needed a little push to get started - even fairies get nervous flying up that high I suppose ;)

The best view I ever got of Tink flying to begin Wishes was last year at the Wishes dessert party. She flys right overhead Tomorroland Terrace (where the party is) you can see her waving at you - and she definately looked like a woman to me.

There is a spolight on her as she flys from the Castle to Tomorrowland which you can follow.

The first time I went to Disney and saw this, both my kids and friends thought that I had finally gone over the edge. They all somehow missed it!!! I was begining to think I was crazy until I found these boards. Thanks all:cloud9:

Grab a spot on the bridge to Tomorrowland, directly under the overhead wire, and Tink will fly right over you.

I absolutely have to watch her every time by the rose gardens on the right after leaving tomorrowland over the bridge. Amazing and I've stood there for the last 12 times. Love it with tears.

I get goosebumps everytime - not like I don't know she's about to appear, but every time is just like the first time I saw Tink fly in Wishes....love it!!

Where is ROBO and his picture of Tinkerbill?

Talking about this one?:rotfl:

TinkinWishes.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter