• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does this sound right?

obnurse

Earning My Ears
We have a 2 bedroom villa at the VWL for the last week of April for 3 nights. I applied at AAA discount at the time of booking for a rate of $652 a night, plus taxes etc came to $2200 for the 3 nights. The Florida resident rates just came out, and two different CM told me the 'rates are available' and quoted me $2300 for the 3 nights. HUH??? Florida resident rates are usually much lower than AAA. He told me 'rarely, VERY rarely the AAA rates are better than Florida resident'. THe ad says it is for OKW villas and SSR, but someone else on here said they booked BCV with the AP rate (same wording on the AP rates as FR). Does this sound right or what? If I look up the rack rates, I am getting exactly 20% off with the AAA rate. I thought Florida resident rates were more like 40%?

I don't know if it sounds right as I've never used a FL resident or AAA code, on AP. However, have you thought of renting points for your WLV stay? I've rented in the past and it's quite easy and will save you ALOT more. Not sure if it's available on such short notice though. Worth a try.

I don't want to rent points for such a short time. We are going with another couple, so we are splitting the cost. I am not using a FL resident or AAA code on an AP. I was just comparing the wording of the AP notice to the FL resident discount wording (it is the same). I just thought FL resident discounts were much higher than less than 20% off rack rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter