Does this sound OK for hiring a Standard SUV?

BethEJo

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to gauge your opinion on prices I have found this morning.

We will be looking for a Standard SUV as there will be five of us. September 5th-September 19th, flying into and out of MCO.

VA are offering £351 (Alamo)
Netflights are offering £361 (Alamo)

Is this what you would expect to pay roughly?

Alamo Brits are offering £377 for pay now and save, and £381 to pay at the airport, so not the cheapest on this occasion. I do not need any additional drivers.

Am I right in thinking that if I book with VA/Netflights, because you have to pay the total cost at the time of booking that you'll be unable to do the straight to garage thing for Alamo?

Thanks!
smiley.gif

Thanks! Just tried Rentalcars.com - they have some intermediate SUVs (Toyota Rav4/Ford escape) for £330-£390, but the cheapest standard SUV I can see on there (assuming a Jeep grand cherokee is a standard and not intermediate...) is £398 with Dollar.

With va is it bascically alamo? Can u ore check in? Which desk do u use eg a seperate va one? Looking for suv similar time snd price looks good

Hi Beth,
I booked a car this week through Netflights for our trip in 6 weeks :yay: Had looked at Alamo/Brits and loads more sites but Netflights were cheaper plus I went through Topcashback. Car is with Alamo. Have done online check in and Savetime which let me print off the barcode but couldn't find Bypass The Counter. It does say to go to the kiosk or desk but we managed to go straight to the garage two years ago. Have printed off the terms and conditions too. Will give it a go and let you know how we get on.

it sounds similar to what we paid for our 2 week hire , we had booked a standard suv ended up with a 7 seater toyota 4runner loved it !! we did book with alamo but only as it had a better deal on the auto toll roads than some others and we were doing a big road trip

I pick up a Standard SUV from Atlanta airport this Saturday. Booked with Alamo.co.uk via Quidco. Far cheaper than the Brits deal.
Cost £430 less £51 Quidco = £379 for 15 nights, they also had offer on for free additional driver.

We booked a 7 seater with Alamo through Netflights with Quidco cash back for our October trip as it was the best deal we could see. £350 after cashback :)

With va is it bascically alamo? Can u ore check in? Which desk do u use eg a seperate va one? Looking for suv similar time snd price looks good

Have been reading around on another forum, and yes, if booked car hire through VA/VH you can do online check in... think you use the same Alamo desk.

As chmurf mentioned, I had also read in the terms and conditions that usually if a booking is prepaid, you are unable to take the skip the counter/straight to garage option, but has Wayne has mentioned he's not had a problem with this and has successfully gone straight to the garage. However, I have been reading other people's experiences who have attempted that and have been turned back to go to the counter. Apparently, someone has mentioned elsewhere that they're tightening up on this??

Anyhoo...

I have also been advised however that if you book with Virgin, yes you have to prepay the full amount but you can still officially bypass the counter.
(Quoted from elsewhere) "...you get an E mail confirmation through straight away with your details on. You then get a 2nd E mail with the voucher on in PDF format. That comes in within minutes, or a day or a bit longer!
Some people dont get them and get the '30 days before departure' message. But if you live chat them they send it to you straight away anyhow!
On the first E mail is a link to online check in. Fill this in and you skip the counter."

Try Alamo Brits too, we found the same SUV £50 cheaper than via VA link

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter