Does this resort exist?

ekmom

Mouseketeer
We just spent a week at Floridays and we liked it a lot except for one thing. All of our previous stays have been on-site moderate (POR and CSR) and we really like how those resorts are laid out, specifically that the parking is all around the perimeter and when you leave your room to go to the pool or the main building you are walking through a lovely landscaped car-free area. At Floridays the buildings are mixed in with parking so that you have to walk across parking lots to get to other resort areas. Are there any off-site resorts that are set up more like the Disney ones?

We just spent a week at Floridays and we liked it a lot except for one thing. All of our previous stays have been on-site moderate (POR and CSR) and we really like how those resorts are laid out, specifically that the parking is all around the perimeter and when you leave your room to go to the pool or the main building you are walking through a lovely landscaped car-free area. At Floridays the buildings are mixed in with parking so that you have to walk across parking lots to get to other resort areas. Are there any off-site resorts that are set up more like the Disney ones?
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is designed so all the parking is on the outside and all the amenities are in the middle surrounding a lake. It is located next door to the Disney Caribbean Beach resort, so take a look on Google maps.

Is Bonnet Creek really the only one like this? How about the Sheraton Vistana ones?

Cypress Pointe Grande Villas has the outside parking - inner amenity design although we actually like Cypress Pointe Resort (which has near entrance parking) better.

We are staying at Floridays in May, are there any "insider" tips I should know about before we get there?

Thanks

We are staying at Floridays in May, are there any "insider" tips I should know about before we get there?

Thanks

We were originally placed in building F on the first floor. It seemed like the worst room in the place in that it was far from the pools and main building and the first floor rooms have a screened porch rather than an open air balcony. We went back to the front desk and asked to be moved and they put us in building C on the 4th floor. That was much better! I would ask to be in buildings A, B, C, or D.

I brought my own mug which was an old refillable mug from staying onsite. I was glad I did because although the place came with plenty of glasses they were all pretty small.

I know many people on these boards say that Florida water tastes bad and it has never bothered me before over many trips but it definitely tasted bad at Floridays. You might want to bring water or buy it at the Publix nearby when you arrive.

The resort was very clean and well maintained and we were pretty pleased with it. If you have questions I'd be happy to try to answer them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter