Does this concern BCV owners?

Lew

DIS Veteran
On page 9 of the Spring 2002 issue of Vacation Magic there is the following statement:

Currently offering full access to all of the amenities available at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts...

Does this wording concern BCV owners? "Currently offering" leads me to believe that privileges at Stormalong Bay and elsewhere at the Yacht & Beach Club complex are not guaranteed and could be taken away at anytime in the future.

Does anyone know whether this is the case? Are SAB privileges guaranteed for BCV owners?

Personally, I believe that the only thing that is guaranteed is what your dues are paying for.

Dumbo

Do they mention Stormalong Bay in the public offering statement under recreational facilities? If not, then it would not be guaranteed contractually. On the otherhand, your dues would not be contributing to its upkeep, which is probably why dues are lower than at BWV. The BWV offering statement does list 1 feature pool & one additional pool.

I agree. I own at Boardwalk Villas. A portion of my dues goes for the upkeep and maintenance of Luna Park Pool. My dues even pay for the lifeguards.

The pool at Beach Club Villas is called "Dunes Cove". The dues from Beach Club Villas owners will pay for the upkeep and maintenance at Dunes Cove.

You are guaranteed what your dues are paying for.

Dumbo

Well, I got out the BCV Offering Statement dated 2/2002 and found another curious item (p. 17.) Total number of Vacation Homes is only 18 (7 2br lock-offs, 6 2br dedicated, 3 1br and 2 studios.) Is that just Phase I of the 208 planned?

That is probably all that was initially declared into member inventory. As people buy BCV, the number will go up.

Lew,

Great post. When I read that today I called my DH over to show him. Their choice of words is very interesting. So I checked my purchase documents.

In the Multi Site Public Offering statement for the BCV's, SAB is mentioned under "DVC Resort Facility Information." It doesn't say SAB but it does list an "additional pool" with a capacity of "1200." (No pools are listed by name). They also list the additional hot tubs located at SAB.

This made me feel better but that choice of wording makes me wonder?

:confused:

Me thinks you are reading far too much into an innocent comment. BCV will have full access to all the amentities at BC (and vice versa). "Currently" means nothing more than that there will likely be times when some things are not available, such as when SAB is down for refurbishment. If SAB is listed as noted above (with or without name) in the offering circular it is guaranteed (and a portion of your dues goes to its operations).

Also, the offering statements listing of only 18 rooms simply shows how many they dedicated at the time of printing that offering circular. If, as reported, sales are proceeding at a high pace, they have likely already dedicated more.

If it's in the offering statement, then you are OK. I wonder if there is a small dues contribution towards SAB? Since YC/BC has so many more rooms, it's would probably be a small percentage of the total, unlike BWV which is about 50% of the total BWV/BWI rooms.

Hi! We are in the midst of completing our purchase for the BCV. We had the same question when we were going over the materials- that "currently" sure seemed temporary! We called our guide about it, and she said that it was worded that way because changes may be made to the facilities at the Yacht and Beach Clubs, or they may need to be closed for renovation at any given time. So though the facilities may change, the BCV's will continue to share those same amenities. In their sales materials they just can't "guarantee" it.

By the way, she also confirmed that the low number of vacation homes showing in the Offering Statement was indeed the current number that is declared.

Looking forward to many happy DVC experiences!!

:bounce: I can guarantee that priveleges to SAB are considered pool hoping for BCV owners and you can be sure that during peak times these priveleges will be rescinded. If the pool area at the YC cannot support the minimal volume of DVC pool hoppers during peak periods, then how do the owners at BCV think they will be able to support the entire population of another resort? If you are buying into BCV to utilize SAB, you better think twice! JMHP.

Vero Beach Bum

I suspect that the Disney must be very careful in how they word their sales materials due to restrictive timeshare laws. Maybe they could get into trouble if they say SAB is always available and then need to close it for a month to refurbish.

I can guarantee that priveleges to SAB are considered pool hoping for BCV owners and you can be sure that during peak times these priveleges will be rescinded.
We've got a fabulous guide, I feel confident she would have warned us about this. SAB is a strong selling point for BCV, and we look forward to swimming there till 2042. If crowding gets to be a problem, they could always expand SAB and build on to the pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter