Does the Wonder offer different shows?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by hayesfamof4, Jan 31, 2013.

1. hayesfamof4

hayesfamof4 Mouseketeer

We have done the Dream twice and the Fantasy once. As much as I love the new ships, we decided to try out the Wonder in April. Do they offer different shows? The same shows over and over .... don't like it. By the third cruise, we skipped the shows.
    Anyone know?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

4. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

The Wonder is All Aboard, The Golden Mickeys, Toy Story: The Musical, Disney Dreams: An Enchanted Classic, and Remember the Magic.

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The welcome and farewell shows vary with the length of the cruise. The 3 Broadway style productions remain the same.

I puzzled over why the WONDER did "Remember the MAGIC." Yes, I know they borrowed the show. Does anyone remember the "We Discovered the Magic" song from years ago? Too bad teens have such ???minds.

6. hayesfamof4

hayesfamof4 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies. We're doing a 5 night. Really looking forward to Toy Story - The Musical. :)

7. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Toy story is the one I'd skip, given the options.

8. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

You'll be disappointed. It's awful.

Nancy

9. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

I totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

While I dislike dissuading people from an experience they may like based on the fact that I personally did not... I have to agree with PP that the Toy Story production is lacking. It's only thing I don't like about the Wonder. We do a late seating in Palo that night.

Now Disney Dreams, on the other hand? I've seen that three times and am looking forward to it again. :D

11. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

We didn't mind Toy Story the first time we saw it. 2nd time was annoying.

12. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

I'm fairly easily entertained. I admit I'm not a big Toy Story fan anyway, but I like singing and dancing so figured I'd enjoy it. The night we went things got off to a slow start with a rather long speech by the Cruise Director, but then the show just went on and on and on. About 30-40 minutes into it, you could tell that even the kids just weren't interested- whining and fidgetting and in the aisles. I just thought it would never end.

I guess I don't understand why Disney doesn't change it. The costumes are cute, but the show is just slow.

Nancy

13. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

It is quite agonizing to try to watch it with a small child, whether or not they've seen the movie and have context for it. DD tried to watch it when she was three and couldn't do it; we walked out. Compare that to when we saw Dreams when she wasn't yet two years old and she was riveted the whole time. I really wish they would just admit it's a flop and replace it with something new.

14. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I'll admit we've seen Toy Story 3 times.

Not because we like it though.

The first 2 times we saw it, there were "technical difficulties" causing the production to be stopped for a few minutes before going again. While I agree that the show is quite slow, and a bit like going to the dentist in spots, I decided we were going to continue to see it until they got it right.

Finally, the 3rd time, it went start to finish with no glitches. Now we can do something else that night. :banana:

15. vakamalua

vakamalua DIS Veteran

Toy Story is a fun show; million times better than Villains--the worst show ever!

16. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Agree. And I've seen at least 3 versions of Villains. They keep changing it and it doesn't get better.

17. Silverfox97

And that happens to be our DD's favorite, with Wishes a close second. I think she likes Villains because one of her top 3 fave Disney movies is Hercules.

That just goes to show you that like food, everyone has different tastes ;)

18. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Villians is boring. Toy Story is annoying due to Sid's continual screaming/screaching. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad with ear plugs?

19. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Did she ever see the Hercules show before DCL got rid of it? That was excellent.

20. Silverfox97

No- we did on our honeymoon on the Wonder in 2005, tho. I agree; it was fabulous.

21. Yokelridesagain

Yokelridesagain Mouseketeer

I actually thought Sid was the only redeeming quality of that show...the girl who was playing Sid when we were on Wonder was really quite talented. Woody and Buzz were just not particularly good singers in our iteration.