Does the ship seem crowded on the day at sea?

TammyC

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide between the 3 and 4 day cruise. I am wondering if the ship seems crowded during the day at sea. I'm thinking the pool area would be quite crowded. Also I am wondering what other outdoor activities are available.. we don't want to spend a nice warm day in the movie theater!

The ship never feels crowded....many cruisers opt for alternate activities during a day at sea vs swimming in the pools....

The ship never feels crowded....many cruisers opt for alternate activities during a day at sea vs swimming in the pools....

I second the previous... I was worried myself that I would not be able to walk around or would constantly be in a crowd. To my surprise, it never felt crowded...:)

I agree, the ship never felt crowded. There is a lot to do. You can't possibly do it all.

Out of 14 cruises the only line we ever had trouble finding deck chairs was the Princess cruise we just took this month! We have never had trouble on the Disney Magic, Celebrity Milli or Galaxy or the Carnival ships. Either they supply enough chairs or have better activities for people who do not want the sun. Don't worry. Kathy

I would agree that the "ship" does not
feel crowded. But the pools are a totally
different situation !!

I have a picture of my kids packed into the Goofy pool like a can of "sardines" !!

BOTH kids pools are CROWDED on at
sea days. V E R Y crowded !!!!!!!!
My kids won't even plan on getting into the pools at all.

It depends on when you go to the pool. We go right after breakfast. It's not at all crowded and by lunch time we've had enough. My ds was ready to go to the Oceaneer's club after lunch. This worked really well for us.

Best time to use the pools is early AM..after lunch , the sardines!! Cathie

The Mickey pool was never crowded on our Eastern 11/15. There were over 850 kids 3-12 on board so it wasn't the number aboard. I hadn't expected the kids to be able to enjoy it much but we took DD every morning at Sea for a couple hours & then again after lunch with DS after he had gotten out of the club. There was pleanty of room for them to move around.

I was surprised that the entire ship was not at the "Sail Away" Party. Only about Two hundred or so people having fun.

Days at sea are definitely my favorite...don't miss it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter