Does the rent for this house seem reasonable?

debden

DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>I have a nic
I was looking at a 2 bedroom/1 1/2 bath home for rent.It has over 1200 square feet.No off-street parking.
Their asking $900 a month plus heat/utilities.
Does this sound reasonable to you?They are also willing to rent month to month and do short term rentals.
I know it's hard to say when you don't know the area and haven't seen it yet.I haven't seen it either.
And just to let you know I've never rented before so I don't know if I should try to negotiate the price or not.
Debbie

I was looking at a 2 bedroom/1 1/2 bath home for rent.It has over 1200 square feet.No off-street parking.
Their asking $900 a month plus heat/utilities.
Does this sound reasonable to you?They are also willing to rent month to month and do short term rentals.
I know it's hard to say when you don't know the area and haven't seen it yet.I haven't seen it either.
Debbie

Well, in our town yes, in our old town no. It would also depend on how nice the house is, what the neighborhood is like, etc.

Well, since around here, a 2 bedroom condo would start around $1500, sounds good to me! :lmao: I remember paying $850 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment here, 20 years ago.

Well, in our town yes, in our old town no. It would also depend on how nice the house is, what the neighborhood is like, etc.

Hi golfgal,Thanks.It's just a regular residential area in our town.Nothing upscale and on the other end nothing dumpy either.
The landlord just contacted me last night and I swung around this morning to take a look.
It looks like a really nice place.And the area it's located is ok.No place I would want to live long term but for the short term it's fine.
Debbie

Well, since around here, a 2 bedroom condo would start around $1500, sounds good to me! :lmao: I remember paying $850 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment here, 20 years ago.

Yeah I thought it sounded pretty reasonable.I checked other 2 bedroom apt/houses and they run about the same.
One place was asking $675 but no pets and no short term rentals.So that might be why it's so much less a month.
Debbie

Not reasonable for where I live. The house (3 bedroom/2 bath) next door to us rents for $400/mo. I don't think I've ever seen a rental higher than $650 here.

Gosh, to think that DH and I paid $100/mo. for the house we rented when we first got married.

i pay 650 a month plus utilities for a 3 bed/2 bath house

Wow Vicki that's great!I'd love to be able to get that house for $650 a month but I doubt I would be able to negotiate down that low.
Debbie

Not reasonable for where I live. The house (3 bedroom/2 bath) next door to us rents for $400/mo. I don't think I've ever seen a rental higher than $650 here.

Gosh, to think that DH and I paid $100/mo. for the house we rented when we first got married.

I would love to be able to rent it for $650 a month but since I have pets and I'm looking for short term (2-3mos)that might not be possible.
Short term rentals seem alot more expensive than a place you sign a 1yr lease for....
I know a rental agency told me I could rent a place with a 1yr lease then sub-rent for the rest of the lease but I don't want to chance not being able to find someone who wants to rent the place.
Debbie

Saying the same thing as DisneyFan.

Houses here like that would be $2000. My BF rents a 1 bdr/1bth and pays $1085 util not included

How can anybody say without knowing your area?

Yes I realize that that's why I was trying to get an idea by looking at other places in our area that were for rent.
But the prices vary so greatly in this area it's hard to say.
Debbie

Saying the same thing as DisneyFan.

Houses here like that would be $2000. My BF rents a 1 bdr/1bth and pays $1085 util not included

Yes I'm sure near a big city would cost alot more.Were just a small town.The closest big city near us is New York and that's 4 1/2 hours South.
Debbie

What are the 3 most important things about real estate...Location, location, location.

I'm trying to guestimate where you are located. If you are in the capital region area (where I am), it is a good rate. I rented a townhouse 2 bed/1 and a 1/2 bath for $975 plus utilities. If you are talking further north, like plattsburgh area, that seems a bit high to me. I would think it would be in the $750-800 range. Hope this helps!

I'm trying to guestimate where you are located. If you are in the capital region area (where I am), it is a good rate. I rented a townhouse 2 bed/1 and a 1/2 bath for $975 plus utilities. If you are talking further north, like plattsburgh area, that seems a bit high to me. I would think it would be in the $750-800 range. Hope this helps!

Hi RadioFanatic,
I'm 60 miles North of Albany,NY.Not quite as far as Plattsburgh.I'm at Exit 18 off I-87.
Debbie

Yes I realize that that's why I was trying to get an idea by looking at other places in our area that were for rent.
But the prices vary so greatly in this area it's hard to say.
Debbie

Well, 25 miles west of Philly, that might go for $1100 - $1500 a month... not that that helps, but at least you know you have it good there, as far as rent. :)

Renting a 2 BR house for $900 around here would put me in an area I wouldn't want to live in, so its only reasonable depending on where you live.
How does it compare to other rentals in your area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter