Does the Regal Sun Resort use WDW Shuttles?

hockeyadc

Earning My Ears
Just curious if they use the WDW shuttles for their hotel. What I mean is can you walk across the street to downtown disney and take the WDW shuttles or do they have their own for the resort? Thank you.

they share with other DTD hotels on their side of the street - they are not WDW shuttles - they are Mears.

ok well I have never been to DTD and I was thinking, couldn't I just walk across the street to DTD and take the WDW transportation anywhere?

hockeyadc yes you can walk to DTD and get the WDW buses from there to the parks!

not quite.

the DTD buses no longer go to the WDW theme parks - just the WDW resorts.

still you could take a bus to the CR for the MK.
BC to Epcot, BW to Studios, - anything to AK - you will have to change buses.

also kept in mind these buses don't start when the parks first opens - I think they start at 9 might be 9:30am - so stick with your bus if you want to beat the crowds to the parks.

Oh sorry about that...I did not realize the DTD didnt'go to the parks...come to think of it I think we have always taken the buses either back to our hotel or to another hotel from DTD..:confused3

hmm ok, can anyone comment on how well the non WDW buses are? The ones directly from Regal Sun?

Spiceycat, when did this change occur? I was looking on the website for the DTD hotels and it says "Guests of the seven Downtown Disney ® Resort Area Hotels enjoy free, unlimited transportation throughout the Walt Disney World ® Resort via our air-conditioned buses. "

I am assuming this change just recently happened and they didnt update this yet?

EDIT:I understand now, there are non directly from DTD but they go from the hotels to the resorts.

hmm ok, can anyone comment on how well the non WDW buses are? The ones directly from Regal Sun?

they were pretty good - Epcot and Studio - fine close to each other not a problem getting back.

the problem - MK and AK - after you get on the bus at the MK (this is going back to your hotel) - then you have to go all the way to AK pick up someone - then all the way back to DTD. This is a long trip.

now once AK closes this is no longer a problem. the bus still need to go that first hour after closing to AK.

before then (if you leave earlier) would suggest walking over to CR and taking their bus to DTD - and walking back to your resort.

forgot since the MK is the first stop - getting there on the hotel buses is very, very easy and pretty fast.

epcot and studios don't have them problem - because they are pretty close to each other.

Spiceycat, when did this change occur? I was looking on the website for the DTD hotels and it says "Guests of the seven Downtown Disney ® Resort Area Hotels enjoy free, unlimited transportation throughout the Walt Disney World ® Resort via our air-conditioned buses. "

I am assuming this change just recently happened and they didnt update this yet?

EDIT:I understand now, there are non directly from DTD but they go from the hotels to the resorts.

the buses they are talking about are the Mears bus system - not WDW.

but if you go to DTD and use those buses they are WDW buses.

there is a difference.

ok thank you for all your help. I called them last night to see how their shuttles worked and they said they run every half hour. I booked it last night as well woo!:cool1:

While you are at the Regal Sun Resort, make reservations for their Saturday night dinner show, MurderWatch Mystery Dinner Theatre. It is worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter