• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the DVC website ever work any more?

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
I have been trying to access the member website for DAYS now and every time I get an error message that they're working on the page. Seriously - days upon days? Can anybody else access it?

Yes, both my wife and I have been able to access the member website. Sometimes we, too, see the message that they are working on the site. However, if we click on any item from the pull down tabs, the site moves to the log in page, from which we can then move into the site.

Next time you get that messge about the site being worked on, just try clicking on a tab item. It might work for you, too.

It is working for me. One thing I did to make it work better for me was to turn off ad blocking for the whole site. There are a lot of little pop-up windows on the Disney site, and if you have ad blocking, sooner or later the site will crash.

I can't remember the last time I had a problem and I'm on the members' site 2 or 3 times a week. I never have to use the work around mentioned by wdrl.

I use CHROME and have disabled Adobe Flash. (chrome://plugins). I also downloaded a free extension to disable HTML5 Autoplay (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-html5-autoplay/efdhoaajjjgckpbkoglidkeendpkolai ). After I did that, the Disboards run faster and I've stopped getting "low memory" messages when I browse the DIS.

It's disappointing (to say the least) that not all the web browsers work as well, but practically speaking, I've decided to just go with the browser that Disney seems to recommend. Hope those of you having trouble can find something that works for you.

Last edited:
As to your title asking whether the website "works anymore," you are probably incorrectly assuming that it ever worked properly before. Problems are always popping up and I have had yours a number of times. I have sometimes found that switching browsers takes care of the problem you are having, with Chrome usually being the best browser of the group for getting connected. Also, another trick I have successfully used is first going to MyDisneyExperience, signing on there and then go to the Related Disney Sites at the bottom of the page and click on Disney Vacation Club. For some reason that backdoor entry to the site seems to always work when a direct attempt to get on the site does not.

I try to remember to logout every time I visit the site. My problems seem to occur when I forget to logout.

I can't remember the last time I had a problem and I'm on the members' site 2 or 3 times a week. I never have to use the work around mentioned by wdrl.

This mirrors my experiences. I'm typically on the site a couple times per week. Never have problems except when site is down for scheduled maintenance. Only browser I use is Safari on a Mac with no special plugins or workarounds.

I use Safari and have the bookmark shortcut on my desktop. Used to work. But this whole last week it has not. At all. I am not home now or I would try the link again. I just wanted to log in to add DME to our January trip & look at a couple of point charts for next summer.

I know that I had 2 messages this week of times that the website would be down - I thought one was pretty specific in that it was being done to improve performance.

I'm trying for one more room for Dec so I've been on the website multiple times per day in the last couple of weeks. Generally I get on but it's been more problematic than other recent times. Safari, Chrome, Firefox - all have problems at times - but not all the time.

If your bookmark doesn't work go to a different landing spot. I've bookmarked to go right to the login screen which was actually a work around from awhile ago when going to the main landing would cause issues. It's ridiculous but if you bounce around enough you'll probably get in.

Another trick - go to MDE and log in. Then go to the bottom of the page and select Disney Vacation Club under related Disney sites. That will usually take you right into the Disney site and since you're logged into MDE you'll be logged into DVC.

Actually? I sort of fell sorry for the poor thing.... Best observational estimate? It's broken about 30% of the time.

Have you ever experienced this with Amazon? Hey Disney..... "AMAZON WEB SERVICES" - you don't HAVE to live like this.... you could outsource to a REAL provider..... with a REAL track record.

Or? You could continue to beat yourself up :). "go.com" - more like "deadbattery.com" :).

Just walked in from work & tried again and got the usual error:

We're Working on It

This page is temporarily unavailable
Rest assured, we'll be back soon, so please try again later.

I have other "stuff" to do besides play around with this BS. The link I've been using for years should work without me having to search out alternatives from forum boards. If I had the time to call & b**ch I would. Maybe Saturday I'll get some time to piss around with it or call.

My bookmark began always taking me to the " temporary unavailable." I finally got the right page by doing a search and using that link.

Sometimes websites update and the bookmarks do not work anymore. Have you tried just typing it into the browser window instead? I work for a bank and when we update the site people always complain they can't log in and when asked if they are going through a saved link or favorite instead of the browser window they say yes. I don't work in IT but id try that first. Ive had no issues logging in either to the member site.

Your cookies or history could be taking you back to the original link. Delete the original link and I would clear the cookies and type in the address manually and save the new link.

Your cookies or history could be taking you back to the original link. Delete the original link and I would clear the cookies and type in the address manually and save the new link.

Actually? Good tech data, and I DON"T like. No one should have to DEAL with this rot, if the Website Provider will just DO THEIR JOB.

Disney - would you prefer that we all just re-load our OS's every time you can't DO YOUR JOB.

Example: Has anyone had serious "cookie", "reload", "another browser" issues with a REAL Web provider?

Amazon.com

Until Disney gets SERIOUS? Sorry - they have no web site. They have a Web excuse. Disney - OUTSOURCE to a valid provider.... Amazon Web Services. End the bleeding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter