Does the Disney Club Card Help?

wenpop

DIS Veteran
Does it help with the price for the Hotel, Or are the codes better? Will it help with the Hoop Dee Doo? Any discounts on any restaurants? Looking into getting one, but they don't show many benefits on their website. Says you get $50 Shipboard credit, but already got that as a first time Cruiser. Any thing you can tell me to help me decide if I should get a card. THanks!!

I have had the Disney Club card for the last few years (it used to be called the Magic Kingdom card) We go to WDW during spring break so we don't get a break on our hotel rooms at all because it's a blackout period. I do end up making up the cost of the card (I believe it's $39.95) through purchasing things at the Disney store with the 10% discount, and also more importantly from purchasing our park tickets at the disney store again with a discount. The perks have decreased the last year or two and I'm not sure if I'll renew it next year or not. I'm kind of waiting to see if I can use it to get a discount at the Vero Beach resort in March. The new discounts aren't out yet though. If you're getting a length of stay pass and going during a blackout period I wouldn't recommend getting a card. There aren't many other discounts that I've found.

You can save 20% at any of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants (except Shulas). We used it at Palio and it's turned into one of our favorite restaurants!

You also get 20% off at Wolfgang Puck and Wolfgang Puck Express in DD, 10% at Planet Hollywood, 10% at Rainforest, 20% at House of Blues, and 10% at the Hoop Dee Doo!

World of Disney, Team Mickey, Pooh Corner, Disney at Home and Disney's Days of Christmas stores in DD give you a 10% discount (if you spend $25 or more)

You get $2 off of Pleasure Island admission and 15% off Cirque du Soleil.

You save 15% on the different WDW tours (Keys to the Kingdom, etc.)

You also save on park hopper passes.

I think the price is worth it. We get our money back out of it with just one trip! Along with miscellaneous purchases at our local Disney Store, it's definitely worth it!

Oh - and you also get $5 off at DisneyQuest! :D

You can get the Disney Club at a cheaper rate - $32.99, I believe, if you have an Entertainment book. Also, some places of employment have a special code that gets you an even more discounted price, $29.99.

It pays to have if you shop at the Disney Store, and don't forget about the magazine you get. You can use it for a discount at World of Disney and some of the other Downtown Disney shops. We've also gotten some pretty good rental car rates in the past with it. I think we would be members even if we weren't taking a trip to WDW in a given year. If you're only getting it for the room discount, you may be disappointed. You might be better off with an annual pass, depending on how long you'll be staying.

We have already had the card pay for itself and we haven't been to Disney this year! We saved $ on a hotel in Maryland when we went for a weekend trip and are saving big bucks on a rental car in November when we go to Sanibel Island. Next year we'll be going to Disney and I will definitely be renewing our card. Simply put, if you utilize the other perks such as rental cars through National, hotel stays through Entertainment, or even Disney Store purchases, it is definitely worth it. Plus, I love the Disney Magazine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter