• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the Contemporary have wheelchair rentals?

fortheloveofamouse

Earning My Ears
My DD (9) had surgery Fri. afternoon. She stepped on a large sewing needle and it broke off in her foot:sad1: . So, she had to have it surgically removed and has been left with stitches on the heel of her foot. We are checking in this Sat. and I do not think she will have regained her full mobility by then. She is on crutches, but for her safety ( and the safety of others ) I do not see her being able to use them. I checked out the info on park rentals, but was wondering if the resort had one we could rent for the week. Thanks!

I checked out the info on park rentals, but was wondering if the resort had one we could rent for the week. Thanks!

Sometimes the resorts will have wheelchairs available on a first come first serve basis, but you really can't count on it if you think you will definitely *need* it. For a child of nine, I wouldn't think renting in the parks would be your best bet either, as the rental chairs are large and heavy and they would likely be too big for her and offer very little back support while sitting for your DD and would likely be painful after a while.

I'd suggest call a few of the off-site vendors to see if they have an appropriately sized pediatric wheelchair that you could rent for the duration of your visit. Check the DisAbilities FAQ for more info on off site vendors/rentals. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713

Hope your daughter feels better soon and that you all have an awesome trip.

I have seen guests at the Contemporary use wheelchairs however I am not sure if they got them there, or from an offsite location.

I agree with the reasoning and information stated above ... go with an off-site vendor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter