Does that make me crazy??

I cannot sleep with a closet door open.

I also cannot sleep with any body part hanging over the side of the bed.

I cannot look in the bathroom mirror if I get up in the middle of the night.

Too much Stephen King influence as a teen:confused3?

Terri

Totally! I completely agree with all of these, too! I still take a running leap at the bed at night too, so that nothing can reach out and grab me from underneath.

When I eat grapes and m&m's I have to eat them one at a time, and I have to bite off the grape skin/m&m candy coating and eat it first, then eat the tasty innards.

Another person with comforter issures here.:wave2: It has to be straight before I get in the bed even if my BF is already in bed and sleeping. No sheet can be showing. Crazy part is I never make the bed in the morning.:confused3

Hmmm... Quirks. Yeah, I think I have a few of those.

Probably the biggest one (at least that I'll actually admit here) is that I just happen to be a really picky sleeper. I can't sleep without some sort of blanket, even during the hottest days of August. Of course, at that point I'll barely even have any of the blanket covering much of anything, but it has to be there or I can't sleep. It also helps (but isn't entirely necessary) if I can fold the end of the blanket underneath my feet (I have no idea why, but I find it more comfortable for some odd reason.) In the same vein, I can't sleep with my knees touching each other, so there has to be some sort of pillow or something like that in between my legs (or if none is available, a fold of the blanket will do.) Speaking of pillows, I always seem to need at least two of the things for my head to be comfortable, possibly even three if they aren't all that firm.

In other quirky traits, for some reason I like snacking on uncooked pasta.

Ok-

I'll join in. I guess I have a lot of little things

1. I love the number 7-- my anniversary has a 7 in it, my phone number is made up of a lot of sevens, etc... it's my lucky number

2. I still can't step on a crack in the sidewalk--

3. blankets must be folded correctly-- unfortunatley I'm the only one in my house that can fold them in the appropriate manner :confused3

4. I name my cars-- right now I have the grey goose and precious (sp?), before I've had the blue bullet, silver fox, Moby Dick, etc..

5. When I was little I watched a news program about killer bees-- I have a deep profound fear of any bee now-- or bee sounds-- can't stand It's tough to be a bug for that reason-- about freaked out the first time I saw it.

6. My clothes are hung according to color in my closet and in order of sleeve or pant length-- ie.e red sleeveless followed be red short sleeve, followed by red long sleeve etc..

7. I can't have anyone breathe on me-- grosses me out

I can only park on the right side of my local Target and on the left side of my local Walmart.

If I ride with friends I make them park on the correct side. If not my whole shopping experience is off kilter and Im very unhappy.

Does that make me crazy?

Not only do I always have a book with me -- I start to feel anxiety if I don't have two or three books waiting to be read. I love it when I discover an author in the middle of a trilogy -- then I know I have at least one or two books in the queue.

OMG, this is me too! When I see my stack of unread books getting low I'm like a junkie who is starting to run out of drugs. I HAVE to get more or I get very anxious. And - I always have a book with me. Even if I'm going someplace and I know I won't have an opportunity to read it, I still take it. It's like my security blanket. :confused3

Another weird quirk of mine: I can't stand fans - I hate the feeling of air blowing on me. I dread going to my in-laws house because my MIL is the exact opposite in that she hates 'stagnant' air and always has the celing fans on. At dinner, she'll turn the ceiling fan on above the table so then not only do I have air blowing on ME, but it's blowing on my food as well. :scared1: I have to really struggle to maintain my composure when we go over there for dinner. :lmao: Fortunately, we don't go over there too often.

I can only park on the right side of my local Target and on the left side of my local Walmart.

Hah! I do this same thing, except it's just Wal-Mart for me and I always have to go to the right side of the parking lot. For some reason my brain seems to think other people will all go to the left and leave all the right-hand parking spots for me! :D

I always have to park in the same area of the parking lot at work- on the right side of the building. A few times I parked on the left side because there were no open spaces and couldn't find my car at the end of the day. :headache: This isn't a very larger lot either.

I have to change the channel if a horror movie commercial comes on. I also hate when DH flips through the channels instead of using the Guide. One night he came to a horror movie and I had to hide under the blankets-any kind of scary movie freaks me out- I've never watched a whole one!

When I am walking on the sidewalk, I must step over the cracks first with my right leg and then with my left. I must always end with my left so that I stepped over the cracks the same amount with each leg.

Oh, mom2rb, you reminded me of another one of my quirks!

If I'm walking up stairs, I must use each leg an approximately equal number of times. This is usually no problem with normal stairs, but very worrisome sometimes in parks or someone's front walk, when the steps are just a couple of feet apart -- too far apart to alternate legs going up steps, and too close together to take more than one "flat" step in between. I cannot go right leg up, left leg flat, right leg up, left leg flat for more than a couple of steps, or I think my right leg will get comparatively too much exercise and end up huge and muscular compared to my puny weakling left leg that didn't get any stairs in, so halfway up the walk, I have to take two teeny little steps and switch the leg that gets all the up-steps. :lmao: :lmao:

I forgot one of my other quirks. LOL I must push the shopping cart. I cannot stand to have anyone else do it. It makes me nervous and very uncomfortable. The ONLY other person that can push the cart is my Dad - because it helps with his back pain - and even then, if we are doing much shopping, I have to get my own cart to push. I AM the cart pusher. My sister thinks it is hysterical, but she always lets me push the cart.

Y'all are truly nuts - and I love it so now I don't feel so alone. :rotfl2:

My silverware drawer is in the neatest place in our house. Every time I open the drawer, I straighten out the piles of forks (2 different sizes, each in their own compartment), spoons (2 diff sizes just like the forks) and knives (butter and steak separated, obviously... ;) ).

Whenever I drink coffee from a paper cup, the seam has to be on the side I'm not drinking from.

The kitchen HAS to be clean before I can go to bed or I can't settle down. The rest of the house, not so much... esp. with 3 boys under the age of 5. So long as my kitchen is clean, I can wear blinders and ignore the rest. :rolleyes1

I'm in school now, and I absolutely must have a desk that is next to a door. No sitting in between two people for me! Occasionally someone will take "my" seat, and I have to settle for a window seat. If I actually had to sit in the middle of the classroom with people on all sides, I think my head would explode.

Also, I put salsa on my cornflakes. :upsidedow

I can't stand leaving kitchen cabinets or drawers partly open. Even in the inlaw apartment in our house, I will go around closing cabinet because they are supposed to be closed.

I also hate it when the drawers in the bedroom are left open too, even when it is the corner of a shirt that prevents it from being closed. I have to close them before I can get to sleep.

I have a problem walking on grates on a sidewalk. I will walk around them. I have this fear that they will break when I am walking on them and I will fall into the hole. I also get very anxious when walking a pier. Seeing the water moving between the boards really freaks me out. I think I am going to fall and be eaten by sharks.

I have to have noise at night or I can't sleep. We have a box fan we use year round, even in the middle of winter. But it's aimed at the corner so we don't get blown on. :rotfl:

I also get very anxious when walking a pier. Seeing the water moving between the boards really freaks me out. I think I am going to fall and be eaten by sharks.
I worry when I'm walking on a pier that I'm gonna jump in. Not fall - jump. Does that make me crazy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter