• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Santa leave wrapped gifts or unwrapped gifts at your home?

Does Santa leave wrapped or unwrapped gifts at your home?

• All Santa's gifts are wrapped.

• None of Santa's gifts are wrapped.

• Gifts are wrapped, unless they were put together ahead or are too big.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The big main gift is unwrapped. Sometimes Santa brings a little something extra that DD might like and wraps that is special Santa paper. :D

All wrapped all the time. When growing up all the gifts were from Santa even as we became adults. Even now my Mom still has a gift for us from Santa. When my kids were little they thought Santa brought the toys and Mom/Dad did the clothes. They weren't that old when they started to ask why Santa had the same wrapping paper as us. I still wrap everything even though they know most of what they get...it's still fun to unwrap things...plus I throw in a few surprises.

The first Christmas I spent with DH's family I went to his house Christmas morning and his Mom gave me all my presents in a plastic bag...my face must have shown either surprise or dissappointment because all presents were wrapped the next year. DH said his Mom never wrapped their gifts when they got into their teens, she just gave them a bag full of stuff. Now she does the same thing, but at least now she uses the large christmas gift bags.

I wrap all the presents except for 2. I leave one unwrapped present in front of each childs pile, so they know whose pile is who. Last year My DD like Care Bears, I left one care bear toy, so my other DD didn'tknow it was hers.
We have a small living room so putting the presents in order works better then having them spread out.

Wrapped, to make it take longer to enjoy unwrapping!

This year (if I have time) I'm going to SEW some reusable gift bags out of Christmas fabric I bought on clearance last year. We'll use them from year to year. My kids (even my little one) know that Santa is pretend, but I can see these gift bags working even for those who believe in Santa. Who's to say Santa can't reuse gift bags?

BTW, my 5yo has been given clear instructions that some Mommies and Daddies think its fun to let their children believe that Santa is real, so she is NOT to tell her friends that he is pretend. We choose to pretend about Santa, but to let our children know that he's pretend.

presents DS knows about already are wrapped and near the tree with a tag that says from Mom & Dad
boxed presents that he doesnt know about will be wrapped and say from Santa
odd-shaped items are usually put in gift bags

We always received multiple gifts from Santa and unless it was in our stocking or too big, they were wrapped. I suspect Santa will do the same for my children!

We always wrap everything.

I have a question for those that don't wrap. How do the kids know which gifts are theirs? I have nightmares about fights breaking out over who wants what!

Jeafl said:
We always wrap everything.

I have a question for those that don't wrap. How do the kids know what gifts are theirs? I have nightmares about fights breaking out over who wants what!

Santa never wrapped our gifts when I was a kid, since the toys came directly from Santa's workshop at the North Pole. All Santa presents always had to be shared so there was no fighting over anything.

A few years ago, 1987 to be exact, it dawned on me that in all the Christmas Movies of the past, gifts were under the tree unwrapped! :earseek: So, I decided to do this that year, and it was a little strange, because there was NO Paper on the floor, and Christmas was QUICK that year! :rolleyes: My DH had a fit, and said from now on, wrap the gifts! :blush:

When I was growing up Santa left all of our gifts, and they were all wrapped. So, we never had any gifts under the tree until Christmas morning. DH didn't like that. So, in our house Santa leaves one gift - unwrapped. The rest of them are from us. Each girl has a roll of wrapping paper that I use just for them. This year DD7 has American Girl, DD3 has Disney princesses. There are no gift tags on the gifts. Now it's pretty obvious whose is whose, but as they get older their wrap will probably be similar. If we had our tree up (no tree this year) all of their gifts would be under it right now, except for what Santa brings.

Santa did not wrap our presents as kids and he doesn't wrap DD's now either. He's way too busy to wrap that many presents. You've seen his sleigh in pictures and the toys are hanging out of his sack (unwrapped - lol). There are only maybe 3-8 gifts from Santa, depending on what was asked for and price, etc. The rest are wrapped and from parents or other family that left a gift. It's tons of fun this way.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter