Does Pixie Dust Help with Decision-Making? A 2012 PTR! NEW! 6/30 pg.85

Oh I love your update! So funny about meltdowns, and I agree, I love the double meaning of melting in the heat as well, but we are NOT going to talk about any kind of meltdowns!!! I am hopeful that we will be able to handle the park without chaos, I think we will be fine, being able to go back to the resort for a break will be good, and I remember that is what we did in 2009 and it was just fine, so I am counting on that... ;)

I love your treat list! See, we will have plenty to keep us occupied. Your list alone will keep us busy enough, and yes, thank goodness for PERRY and his adventures... My adventure will be sitting outside Gusto's with something tasty... loving those gelatto sundaes! Matt says if we keep plying ourselves with slushies we will be fine... Could make some of the attractions more "interesting" !!!! I for one will NOT be joining anyone for mission space!!!! LOL!!!!

Is Conor watching Tron Uprising? Too late for a school night here, 9pm? I thought that was a surprise... But I guess they are expecting older kids maybe. Mine watched the preview episode on demand, and have been waiting for the official first show... Tomorrow I told them, boy they were not happy! Griffin has soccer this weekend, and big birthday bash at Dave and Busters!

Oh I love your update! So funny about meltdowns, and I agree, I love the double meaning of melting in the heat as well, but we are NOT going to talk about any kind of meltdowns!!!

Nope, I am not going to talk about melting either physically or mentally from now on. Only happy thoughts. LOL!

I am hopeful that we will be able to handle the park without chaos, I think we will be fine, being able to go back to the resort for a break will be good, and I remember that is what we did in 2009 and it was just fine, so I am counting on that... ;)

I think a break will be absolutely necessary. Charles can take a nap, and I will take the kids to the pool.

I love your treat list! See, we will have plenty to keep us occupied. Your list alone will keep us busy enough, and yes, thank goodness for PERRY and his adventures... My adventure will be sitting outside Gusto's with something tasty... loving those gelatto sundaes!

That's about the extent of my adventure plans, too. :lmao:

Matt says if we keep plying ourselves with slushies we will be fine... Could make some of the attractions more "interesting" !!!!

Ha ha ha! Love Matt's advice. I think it is quite sound.

Let me just reiterate.

I. Can't. Wait. :thumbsup2

I for one will NOT be joining anyone for mission space!!!! LOL!!!!

Nor me. That's my Mousegears time.

Is Conor watching Tron Uprising? Too late for a school night here, 9pm? I thought that was a surprise... But I guess they are expecting older kids maybe. Mine watched the preview episode on demand, and have been waiting for the official first show... Tomorrow I told them, boy they were not happy! Griffin has soccer this weekend, and big birthday bash at Dave and Busters!

Oh, we didn't know about Tron Uprising. We will have to check that out! Connor loved the movie.:goodvibes

ha! I do that all the time to my husband! I have the DLR app on my phone and randomly blurt out information.

Also, I think every family has to have at least one Epcot meltown each trip. The last trip it was me! We were in Tutto Italia, we had done two full park days, open to close, with no breaks, and I just lost it! I needed a nap! My husband calls it, "The Night of Perpetual Sadness."

I say pack your swim suits and plan on taking an afternoon break at SAB. That and a poolside drink should ward off any potential meltdowns!

PerryAdventureLogo.jpg

I think kids are going to go nuts over this. They already like the Kim Possible missions, but Perry is so much more popular, so add in that factor, and I think they have a big hit on their hands with this.

Tell me about this. Is that like Icee/Slushie and ice cream? It looks like something Brooklynn would like.

ha! I do that all the time to my husband! I have the DLR app on my phone and randomly blurt out information.

Charles is in love with his new phone. He keeps finding all sorts of apps that he likes.

Also, I think every family has to have at least one Epcot meltown each trip. The last trip it was me! We were in Tutto Italia, we had done two full park days, open to close, with no breaks, and I just lost it! I needed a nap! My husband calls it, "The Night of Perpetual Sadness."

The Night of Perpetual Sadness -- :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: -- love it! I think Epcot is certainly the most exhausting of the parks, and there is just a breaking point when it isn't the least bit fun any more.

I say pack your swim suits and plan on taking an afternoon break at SAB. That and a poolside drink should ward off any potential meltdowns!

I think that sounds very promising! If we drive to Epcot that morning, we can leave it all in the car. I have been wondering if they are going to limit people parking at the Beach Club since it is the Fourth.

I think kids are going to go nuts over this. They already like the Kim Possible missions, but Perry is so much more popular, so add in that factor, and I think they have a big hit on their hands with this.

Me too! Chelsea even still watches Phineas and Ferb, so I could see her wanting to play, too.

Tell me about this. Is that like Icee/Slushie and ice cream? It looks like something Brooklynn would like.

Yes, it is icee and soft serve vanilla. I know it is right up my alley! :thumbsup2

An afternoon break in that heat will be a must! A little cooling off and down time at SAB sounds like a great idea!

Be careful once you start having slushies with Jennifer, she's a bad influence :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Can't think of anywhere better to be on July 4th! :) I think I would have to catch every one of the Voices of Liberty's performances that day!

Aw, meltdowns. We have them too, over here at our house! ;)

DH and I generally take turns having our meltdowns. I think it's something to do with the heat, exhaustion and hunger that come with park touring!
Nevertheless, sounds like a great day at Epcot. Here's hoping for no major meltdowns!

Oh my goodness, I admit to chuckling at the meltdown recaps. I especially remember the one where Charles wouldn't leave the room.

I didn't realize he'd had one in each park. That's pretty funny (after the fact I imagine!).

I say go stand in one of the splash zones if it happens, or better yet, threaten that to all if anyone has one. Then the group has to take a soaking.

You have a very fun day planned!

So we will be at Epcot that day as well! We have very few specific plans except to hit up some of the big rides in the am and then around 11 headed towards canada to do the showcase. I have to see if i can find my lime green mickey stuff so im identifiable, although a giant pink and grey winnie the pooh stroller is hard to miss :)

Your July 4th plans sounds fantastic! And that American Dream treat looks soooooo good...an ice cream/slush place near me does slush/soft serve blends and they're really refreshing on a hot day.

I freely admit that I compulsively check the wait times in the parks with the app I have, and, of course, share it with anyone nearby. "Wow, Magic Kingdom is crowded today!"

Jackie, what app did Charles get? Does he have a "droid" or iphone? I have a google "droid" phone and an Ipad, but the apps I have one one are not on the other... just wondering which he got! :thumbsup2

An afternoon break in that heat will be a must! A little cooling off and down time at SAB sounds like a great idea!

Be careful once you start having slushies with Jennifer, she's a bad influence :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I suspected as much! :lmao:

Can't think of anywhere better to be on July 4th! :) I think I would have to catch every one of the Voices of Liberty's performances that day!

I was thinking that seeing the Voices of Liberty would be fun, too.

Aw, meltdowns. We have them too, over here at our house! ;)

I think it is par for the course when traveling with our family. :rolleyes:

DH and I generally take turns having our meltdowns. I think it's something to do with the heat, exhaustion and hunger that come with park touring!
Nevertheless, sounds like a great day at Epcot. Here's hoping for no major meltdowns!

I do agree that the heat and hunger are major triggers for us.

Oh my goodness, I admit to chuckling at the meltdown recaps. I especially remember the one where Charles wouldn't leave the room.

Sigh. It's sad when it's Charles I am most worried about. LOL!

I didn't realize he'd had one in each park. That's pretty funny (after the fact I imagine!).

He can be quite the diva at times. ;)

I say go stand in one of the splash zones if it happens, or better yet, threaten that to all if anyone has one. Then the group has to take a soaking.

You have a very fun day planned!

:lmao: Chelsea and Connor would quite enjoy that, I think!

So we will be at Epcot that day as well! We have very few specific plans except to hit up some of the big rides in the am and then around 11 headed towards canada to do the showcase. I have to see if i can find my lime green mickey stuff so im identifiable, although a giant pink and grey winnie the pooh stroller is hard to miss :)

Yes, we will have to keep a lookout for each other!

Your July 4th plans sounds fantastic! And that American Dream treat looks soooooo good...an ice cream/slush place near me does slush/soft serve blends and they're really refreshing on a hot day.

It sounds like the perfect combination!

I freely admit that I compulsively check the wait times in the parks with the app I have, and, of course, share it with anyone nearby. "Wow, Magic Kingdom is crowded today!"

:lmao: I have no doubt I would be the same way!

Jackie, what app did Charles get? Does he have a "droid" or iphone? I have a google "droid" phone and an Ipad, but the apps I have one one are not on the other... just wondering which he got! :thumbsup2

He downloaded two of them. One is by Undercover Tourist and the other just says Disney World Wait Times. We just pulled it up to try and see if it had more of a name, but all that we discovered is that there are 0 wait times at all the attractions. I guess that's because the parks aren't open yet. :rotfl:

I vote for an afternoon break and then hopefully you can avoid any meltdowns. :goodvibes. I can't wait to read all about the trip.

In my head I am planning Maliah's first trip I am thinking Sept 2013 for her second BDay but it will depend on when we have baby #2. So for now I will get my Disney fix through here.

Great plans!
I also think an afternoon break at the pool or maybe napping in the room may be the way to avoid a meltdown.

I think you should just park at the Beach Club, you can always tell them that you are visiting us or maybe we can hook you up with a parking pass....

I think your Epcot plans sound great!!! Hopefully there will not be any meltdowns! (Of tempers or of any of that awesome-looking ice cream/gelato you posted!! :rotfl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter