• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Pete use real name for reservations?

insureman

DIS Veteran
Great review of the All Star Music Resort Pete. I'm not sure if this has been asked but do you reserve the room in your name or is it in someone else's name? It would not surprise me if Disney had a data base base of VIPs that possibly might send you to the "specially prepared room" for your visit. I know we use customer relationship management software in my agency or CRM to take special care of our best clients. Just wondering. Thanks for the great podcasts! Tom

I was wondering the exact same thing when listening to his room inspection part.I was wondering since they did online check in, if it was in his own name they would be sure to clean that room top to bottom before check in. Did enjoy the review though:thumbsup2
-Lesley

Plus, I'm sure there are some people in this world with Pete's same name. Even if they listen, they can't be completely sure its him.

Just wondering if you can even book a room under a pseudonym???

If so, I am booking all future visits under Pete Werner. LOL.

Just wondering if you can even book a room under a pseudonym???

If so, I am booking all future visits under Pete Werner. LOL.

I was thinking the same thing ..lol and all my dinning ressies would be under Kevins name.

Angie

He used to use his real name... but then some stalker called him once while he was in California...

The boards beat that guy down pretty good... :lmao:

Sorry again.

He used to use his real name... but then some stalker called him once while he was in California...

The boards beat that guy down pretty good... :lmao:

Sorry again.

:rotfl2: I remember that :) Can you imagine the number of calls they got on the cruise?

Plus, I'm sure there are some people in this world with Pete's same name. Even if they listen, they can't be completely sure its him.

Very true. And I'm sure if someone did make the name connection for his All Stars reservation they probably thought it had to be another Pete Werner booking a Value resort. :laughing:

Great review of the All Star Music Resort Pete. I'm not sure if this has been asked but do you reserve the room in your name or is it in someone else's name? It would not surprise me if Disney had a data base base of VIPs that possibly might send you to the "specially prepared room" for your visit. I know we use customer relationship management software in my agency or CRM to take special care of our best clients. Just wondering. Thanks for the great podcasts! Tom

Disney definitely keeps track of the stays. When I booked a couple of bookend nights at Pop Century for July, the CRO cast member rattled off, "Oh, I see you've stayed with us X amount of times." (And that's not counting any DVC stays I've taken since 2002.) One of my friends apparently was listed as VIP on the system for repeat stays at deluxe resorts.

I don't think he got preferrential treatment because I've listened to the Caribbean Beach review. ;)

Not sure if Disney does this or not but I will give kudos to ASMu. My husband and I stayed there two years ago and our room was spotless and looked brand new. We didn't eat at the food court except for breakfast some mornings but the breakfast was always really good.

On a somewhat related note, I was surprised to hear that the values actually use lesser quality sheets compared to the more expensive resorts.

Maybe that's Disney's way of making up for the difference in price. Or, maybe they're just covering the spread.

(Get it ? 'covering the spread' ?... Oh, I slay me...:rotfl: )

A government issued photo ID is required at check-in, so unless he's not the primary person on the reservation, I can't imagine how he'd get around it :confused3 Most resort front desk CMs would have no idea who he was, but yes, I imagine his name could be flagged in the system. Who knows?

At the same time, there are so many people critiquing Disney everyday that they probably don't care to keep track of each one. For example, AAA (who sets the diamond resort levels) sends secret shoppers in to evaluate the rooms and the front desk CMs. The CMs have no idea when they will come or if they are checking one in.

At the same time, there are so many people critiquing Disney everyday that they probably don't care to keep track of each one.
Oh, they probably don't track each one, but something tells me this site gets plenty of attention from The Mouse...

Oh, they probably don't track each one, but something tells me this site gets plenty of attention from The Mouse...

I talked about this in another thread, but I think one of the Disney company's most admirable qualities, is its ability to do research and evaluate the guest experience...everything they do is for a reason (good or bad)...they're definitely among us here on the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter