Does Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway have different scenes than WDW?

ThreeMountains

Mouseketeer
Is the actual ride any different than the WDW version? I thought I had heard there was a different scene or two on the ride itself, but also heard it was just a difference in the queue.

Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

The biggest change is at the very end of the ride, coming out of the factory transformation scene. When you exit that scene in WDW you are immediately in the park with Mickey and Minnie. At Disneyland, you instead re-connect with Goofy, and travel through a covered bridge to the park scene with Mickey and Minnie.

That is the biggest change in the ride vs the WDW version.

The one other minor change is the Squid in the underwater scene is pulling up a drain cork to “send you down the drain” to the city scene.

The biggest change is at the very end of the ride, coming out of the factory transformation scene. When you exit that scene in WDW you are immediately in the park with Mickey and Minnie. At Disneyland, you instead re-connect with Goofy, and travel through a covered bridge to the park scene with Mickey and Minnie.

That is the biggest change in the ride vs the WDW version.

The one other minor change is the Squid in the underwater scene is pulling up a drain cork to “send you down the drain” to the city scene.
There’s also some other minor changes

The track switch scene is better at DLR and some other minor props look different/the direction you enter exit some scenes is a little different.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it’s worth getting on if I can. Seems like it’s a hassle from what I’ve read, though, so I’ll play it by ear tomorrow and Monday when I’m in the parks.

I noticed the same changes that others previously mentioned, but the seat in the train seemed different to me too. It seemed like the bench seat bottom wasn't as wide as in WDW, maybe that is just me (maybe my butt's gotten bigger, haha).

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it’s worth getting on if I can. Seems like it’s a hassle from what I’ve read, though, so I’ll play it by ear tomorrow and Monday when I’m in the parks.

What is the hassle? It's a straightforward standby queue as well as the option to purchase an ILL. Waits average 40 min.

I highly recommend going through the standard queue. It's FANTASTIC. It's an attraction unto itself.

Don't sell the queue short. It's really something especially compared to the WDW queue. You'd think it was a totally different ride the queues are so different.

The differences are very minor, but the queue at Disneyland is FAR superior to the queue at WDW and that alone is worth the wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter