Does "lead person" on reservation matter?

I am the lead on our reservation. I am 3 years younger than my husband. I have no idea how I ended up as lead. We rebooked on board and we were together. He does most of the talking, my hearing isn't the best for communication. Maybe it just comes down to the cast member that is entering the information.

3 cruises under our belt & 4th on booked. All had/have me as lead. Booked 1st cruise through AAA and booked all other cruises onboard and had them transfered to AAA right away. I (female) have been lead on all the cruises, I am 9 1/2 years YOUNGER than DH and we usually use a credit card that is in HIS name. So, we beat all the odds of having him listed as lead so far. When we rebook onboard next time, I will make sure that I am listed first since I do all the work of getting everything booked.:confused3

A few years ago, the "lead" person was a big deal...the lead couldn't cancel. However, you could change who was the lead, and then the original lead could cancel (stupid, but they didn't ask me!) Now, I'm told by a DCL CM that as long as one name on the reservation remains the same, you are OK. If you try to change all the names, that makes it a cancel and rebook. Again, one of those things that I can't verify, and it might matter who the CM is that you talk with.

I don't know how they decide who to list first. I've always been first, but on our next cruise, my 20 year old is listed first!

As to the linked ressies above--I'm guessing that the other party asked for it and DCL allowed it to fly even though they didn't have your reservation number (which they theoretically need!) You can change who is allowed to pick up your kids. You can also call DCL and tell them to unlink the ressies or that you just wanted to sit together at dinner but not have access to each others reservations. Something got screwed up there!

That's not what happened in our case. I'm oldest and do all the research, bookings and question asking. But DH always winds up as lead name. :confused3

:cutie:

I am older (by 2 yrs) and do all of the planning too and he gets to be the lead person on the reservation... If he led our vacation planning we would have never made it off of our street for the last 25 years.:confused3

LOL have to say this is exactly what happened to us and we booked through DCL! I'm hoping this hasn't made any difference other than my paranoia lol! Not sure why but I tend to think its a sexist type thing going on. Me and my other half aren't even married and he is lead on our reservation! It's annoying (although he thinks its funny)! Luckily my email was the only one on file so I get all the info just addressed to him!

Lighten up Fracis!!! Just kidding, I just wanted to say that. I completely understand that type of frustration. I know I'd feel the same way if that happened to me.

My DW and I always get a little kick out these things as we've experienced the same thing. She'll make a reservation and everything comes to me. I wouldn't get to worried about it. But I do understand where you're coming from:)

My DH has absolutely nothing to do with booking any of our cruises or WDW vacations and my name is on the credit card. However, his name is always the lead. When DCL sends an email (to my address) it's always addressed to him. All snail mail is addressed to him also. It really bugs me too. I've thought about calling and telling them what I think about their sexest ways, but they would probably just think I was crazy. :rolleyes: It really isn't a big deal in the long run, but it's irritating that I do all the corresponding with them and they don't have the courtesy to use my name.

I remember being told that DCL puts the oldest person on the reservation as the contact person. In our case, its' my husband (even though I do all of the reserving;)) because he's a few years older than me.
I make all the cruise reservations, my credit card, my email, etc., and my DW is always the lead name on the reservation. I am also older than her. :confused3

I've always been listed as lead and I am 1 - female 2- younger than my husband and 3 - my name comes last in the alphabet.

Except for this last cruise, I have always been the lead on the reservation. So I don't think it has anything to do with age or sex. I am pretty sure it has to do with how they type the info in. This time we had a TA make the reservations and I list DH on the email to the TA first. So he is the lead. But in the past When I called I gave my info first. At least that seems to be how it works for us.

Interesting that the lead person is sometimes the DW! I was sure that it was a Disney-wide sexist thing because it is always my DH for WDW reservations, anything DVC, and DCL. At least my ESPN account sends email to me!

I, too, thought it was almost insensitive to list my DH first for everything, especially considering it was my cash that bought all those DVC points, and I make every reservation we've ever had connected with Disney in any way...where do you think the answer lies? Maybe a CM can clear it up for us?

I have to agree with the fact that DCL automatically puts the man's name first as the lead on the reservations. Half the time DH doesn't even know what reservations I have floating around. He only found out about the MV a couple months ago. ;)

That is exactly our situation. I always find it odd that my DH appears first when I entered the information entering my info first, but he is always listed first. I have 4 cruises reserved and he only knows about 2 of them.:rotfl2:

My DH has absolutely nothing to do with booking any of our cruises or WDW vacations and my name is on the credit card. However, his name is always the lead. When DCL sends an email (to my address) it's always addressed to him. All snail mail is addressed to him also. It really bugs me too. I've thought about calling and telling them what I think about their sexest ways, but they would probably just think I was crazy. :rolleyes: It really isn't a big deal in the long run, but it's irritating that I do all the corresponding with them and they don't have the courtesy to use my name.
I assure you - it isn't just DCL that does that! I am the travel planner, and I get quite irritated when cruise line mailings are addressed only to my husband!
I make all the cruise reservations, my credit card, my email, etc., and my DW is always the lead name on the reservation. I am also older than her. :confused3

Apparently DCL's SOP is to do exactly the opposite of what ought to be obvious!

Just a thought but who opened the Disney Visa card as the "lead" person? I know the spouse can be added and have their own card, but is this lead person on reservations anything to do with who is listed first on Disney owned information about its clients?

Except for this last cruise, I have always been the lead on the reservation. So I don't think it has anything to do with age or sex. I am pretty sure it has to do with how they type the info in.
That is correct. The first name they type in (Guest #1) will be the lead unless it is switched. At least in the past, it worked the same as making your own booking online. The FIRST name entered automatically becomes the lead, no matter whose credit card you use, but yes, that can later be altered. Unless the system has recently changed, that is why certain people end up as the lead.

Same thing for us. I had been calling changing things etc for months giving my name then the last time I called the person used my husbands name I was a bit thrown off I just said ya ok his reservation. Even though if you asked him he probably wouldn't even know where were going or what day

I always book our ressie, the Disney Visa card is in MY name, and I'm 6 months older than DH...and he is ALWAYS listed as the lead on the ressie.

Funny, I'm the lead on our reservation. Maybe I entered my sex wrong or something?? LOL.

I am older (by 2 yrs) and do all of the planning too and he gets to be the lead person on the reservation... If he led our vacation planning we would have never made it off of our street for the last 25 years.:confused3

I have only been married for 8 years, but this is OH SO TRUE:lmao:

If I hadn't said we were buying a house, we'd still be renting the same place he rented for for 10+years when we married. And the only time we take a trip is if i say we're taking 1 and decide ALL the details:rotfl2:

As for the lead name. Fortunately DCL has gotten it correct and given me the lead on all of our reservations:thumbsup2

Getting ready for our 4th cruise and I've always been listed as lead person. My DH is lead on the credit card, so not sure how this works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter