• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Kali River Rapids close a lot in winter?

slickpoetry

Super Planner
I've read Splash Mountain is usually closed in January or February for refurb (reason being most people consider it too cold to ride it). Is the same true of Kali?

Thanks.

Kali will close for refurb from time to time but not just because it's too cold to ride (unless it's snowing or something but even then, it could still be open). We went to Animal Kingdom last Thanksgiving weekend and didn't bother to FastPass the attraction because if we wanted to ride it, I knew there would be no wait and I was right. Just ten minutes.

I think it closes at least once a day during winter, somewhere around 5:00 pm, but it usually re-opens the next morning. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Historical refurbishments show it was closed for about two weeks in late January and early February during 2012, 2013 and 2015. It was not closed for that window during 2014 but was, instead, closed for about 2 weeks during December of 2013, so they probably moved it up by about a month. So, yes, it does seem a trend to be closed from mid January to early February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter