Does it have to be pillowcases?

n8nally

DIS Veteran
I'm reading all about the pillowcases and getting them autographed through Guest Relations, but the idea isn't appealing to me. My kids would probably prefer to have a baseball cap autographed, or a canvas totebag or something. Does it have to be a pillowcase or a matted frame?

And yes, I realize this is a complimentary service performed as a courtesy, and I should be grateful they do anything at all and yes, I will leave treats/candies in the bag for the characters, and I know I may have to go to Guest Relations to pick it up ;)

I'm reading all about the pillowcases and getting them autographed through Guest Relations, but the idea isn't appealing to me. My kids would probably prefer to have a baseball cap autographed, or a canvas totebag or something. Does it have to be a pillowcase or a matted frame?

And yes, I realize this is a complimentary service performed as a courtesy, and I should be grateful they do anything at all and yes, I will leave treats/candies in the bag for the characters, and I know I may have to go to Guest Relations to pick it up ;)

You can leave anything. Many do tote bags.

You don't pick it up. It is delivered to your room on the last night.

Nancy

Not at all!

Plates, mugs, t-shirts, pictures, frames, plushes etc!

If they can sign it, they will (PG stuff though!)
Make sure the pens are appropriate to the item thou, fabric pens for fabric.....

The tote bag is a great idea! I was just wondering what to take for autographs, as we are 2 adults. I wanted to have something "useful" as a souvenir. Thanks for sharing!

We just got back this weekend, and on a whim right before packing i got 2 plain white sweatshirts from walmart for $6 each.

The characters signed them and DD loved wearing hers back to school.

In March of 2012, DVC had a promotion where you watch a DVC video of the Fantasy online and you received a lithograph of Mickey and Minnie with the statue in the lobby of the Fantasy. We did it and had it signed on our cruise in Sept 2012. It turned out fantastic and we had it framed

old school white Keds, vinylmations, a piggy bank (use it for your Disney fund)...:thumbsup2

We did the photo mat. I taped off the area that the frame would cover so the entire signatures are visible. :thumbsup2

We did the photo mat too. What I did was at the bottom I stenciled in the FANTASY logo and added captain Mickey stickers. LOVE it! It is by far my favorite souvenir of our trip!:thumbsup2

Instead of white t-shirts, I bought black and navy blue ones and used metallic gold and silver fabric markers for signing. The t-shirts look really nice. DD and I made special requests to have our favourite characters sign in the centre of the t-shirts.

Have fun planning!

...... And yes, I realize this is a complimentary service performed as a courtesy, and I should be grateful they do anything at all and yes, I will leave treats/candies in the bag for the characters, and I know I may have to go to Guest Relations to pick it up ;)

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

We had large white Vinylmations signed on our August cruise and they were returned to us *covered* with signatures! They are adorable!

In March of 2012, DVC had a promotion where you watch a DVC video of the Fantasy online and you received a lithograph of Mickey and Minnie with the statue in the lobby of the Fantasy. We did it and had it signed on our cruise in Sept 2012. It turned out fantastic and we had it framed

This is exactly what we did. It also got me to frame the lithograph from AKL and Aulani and the 3 of them are now hanging in our stairway. I love it!

We also have photo mats from previous cruises. One has a family photo from pirate night and is hanging above our mantel. We had the characters sign in black and red and it looks fabulous!

How come you can't pick them up? I'm on my first 14 night cruise, and i'm just wondering. Thanks Debbie

I think that because they are done when the CMs have extra time, its easier for Guest Services to return them all at once, usually on the last night of your cruise. However, on a 14 night, I'm not sure how that would work. I would ask at Guest Services when they might be finished, or just wait until the end. We actually forgot about ours on our 7 night Magic cruise, and it was a great surprise delivered on the last night! Our girls loved their pillowcases, but they don't use them, they hung them up! :)
I think I will do a totebag for my next cruise!
Jealous of your 14 nights! :dance3:

For those of you who have done a photo mat or pillow case, how many signatures did you get, ballpark? I'm bringing on board "goodies" for the CMs who sign it and I want to make sure I've got enough. Thanks!!

DisSarahK said:
We had large white Vinylmations signed on our August cruise and they were returned to us *covered* with signatures! They are adorable!

I did the same on our last cruise. We love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter