• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does it frustrate you when people take forever to order at counter service locations?

ADPOA Club Jester

Mouseketeer
Am I the only person to be frustrated when it takes people forever to order at counter service locations, when they had plenty of time while in line to read what is avaible on those billboard type menus. So what are your thoughts?

I do !! haha on our last trip it happened a few times we wait on line for 20 min then get to the front and people take forever looking at the menu geez you had 20 min to decide what you wanted!!!!!!!!!

ooooh, I got this one..........

At Typhoon Lagoon, we were behind a fairly long line and when the people in front of us finally got up there they hadn't yet decided what to order. The worst part is, they did not want to order children's meals for their four children, so they were giving the cm a hard time until she said that they would have to do separate transactions in order to use adult credits. So in the end, they ordered two adult meals, three separate transactions and each time had to stop and figure out what they wanted. They had no idea!

I don't think I've ever had the experience of people taking forever. Even when I was in line behind all the cheerleaders from the National Championship it only took all 50 of them like 15 min. But I will have to say, I try to stand back and figure out what I want before I get the cashier. I can understand being in line and the person in front is like "Oh I was the Chicken Strips, and a double cheeseburger, and a diet coke... wait make that a water and I want bacon on my cheeseburger, and a peanut butter pie, and wait I don't want the chicken strips, I was the hot dog........."

Come on. If this is all you have to worry about, then you really do need a Disney vacation. :rotfl2:

Perhaps the person couldn't actually see the menu until they were close enough to the register. I know that's happened to me before.

Sorry. No sympathy for you from me. princess:

To be honest my brother got really frustrated in Dec when this happened and my nephew looked at him and said " Chill dad, we're at Disney!!!" - Lol! :lmao:

ADPOA Club Jester said:
Am I the only person to be frustrated when it takes people forever to order at counter service locations, when they had plenty of time while in line to read what is avaible on those billboard type menus. So what are your thoughts?
Right there with you. But then, I have very little patience (read: almost none) in general. :)

Disney_Freak56 said:
If this is all you have to worry about, then you really do need a Disney vacation.

I'm not going to try to turn this into a flame war but he didn't say that this is ALL he worries about. I'm with him. This is painfully annoying sometimes. I'm not trying to tick you off.

I'm going to use the Electric Umbrella as an example. The menu is so large that you can see it from the back of the restaurant. Anyway, even if you couldn't read the words, the items all have pictures next them.

ADPOA, i feel ur pain

Its even worse when they get to the front with all three small children in tow and ask "do you want a cheeseburger happy meal or chicken nuggets. Fries or apples. Juice or milk" People complain that Disney doesn't have variety in their kids meals at counter service (its Cosmic Rays, you guys are getting mini-corn dogs), but I think that is really because mom and dad can't have the kids make the decision before they are placing the order....

No, it isn't the only thing I have to worry about. But the sudden (condensed version) "oh, my I have to order now. I sort of forgot I was standing in line to get lunch. Let me see, what do you have here at Pizza Planet? Hummmm, well, I'm not really in the mood for pepperoni, does your veggie have black olives on it? Hummmmm, well I guess I'll take a cheese" turns to husband "honey, what do you want" and it starts over again, is enough to make me want to bang my head against the register.

Lady, I got Fastpasses and want to make the 1:00 Indiana Jones show. I figured that an hour and a half for lunch would be plenty before I got in line behind seven of you.

Last trip we were online at Columia Harbour House. We've probably visited it 4 or 5 times previously and never really had any long lines. This time (Middle of March) it was packed with long lines. I couldn't imagine what was taking so long until we were next in line. The people in front of us took so lond to even order one item (they ordered for 8) that the order taker took the person on the other line instead! There were only 2 of them together on line, so I couldn't figure out how by the time the 15 minutes went by they couldn't even start ordering! Just my luck!

As Crisi said, people seem to wait until it is their turn to figure out what they want. Wonder how long they take at a sit down?

Alan

I have been behind people like that and it drives me crazy. Last time there was this couple literally making out in front of us the entire time. When they finally got up to order they looked to see what they wanted. Personally I can't stand people that do that. Yea, if that is the only thing then I am lucky so be it but it still bothers me to no end! I think it is common courtesty to the people behind you to be ready to order when it is your turn. I do it and expect the same.

On the rare occasion that I don't know what I want when I get to the counter because I didn't have my glasses with me and it's an unfamiliar menu, I step aside and let the next in line go ahead of me.

Seems to be the logical and polite thing to do.

It does make me crazy when people can't make up their minds and hold up everyone else though... it's really not rocket science.

Anne

I don't know, I don't have a real problem with it. I guess it's sort of like that guy who is alway beeping his horn at me at the red light if I don't step on the gas as soon as the light turns red. I'm just not in that much of a hurry. :)

For the Love of BOB!!! It's so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like saying, "They have burgers and fries. BURGERS AND FRIES. Are you confused by this?" :confused3

Actually, without these people dh and I might not have something to laugh about over lunch so I hope people don't change! :banana:

mrsltg said:
For the Love of BOB!!! It's so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like saying, "They have burgers and fries. BURGERS AND FRIES. Are you confused by this?" :confused3

LOL! Apparently, the decision to hold the cheese is a big one. I spent less time picking out the tile and carpet in my house.

Well...my family dines at the same comfy restaurant every week (DH works second shift so doesn't see our DD11 except for weekends) and without fail my DD11 never knows what she wants to drink and then spends 10 minutes choosing her meal. And she only alternates between 2, possibly 3, items ever. :rolleyes: So I am used to the wait. Besides, life is short. I either people watch while we wait in lines or thank the Lord it isn't my kids holding up the line!! :teeth:

No, but I might've said yes before we moved down here. Since we moved I've become a lot more laid back. :cloud9:

It is annoying, especially with kids because parents really should have asked them ahead of time what they want to eat. Otherwise, step aside while the child decides what he/she wants and let other people order!

I won't even get in line until I've decided what I want, unless it's a longish line where I know I'll have time to peruse the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter