Does housekeeping provide waterproof pad for bed?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
With my 3 yo DGS somewhat recently potty-trained at nighttime, I'm still worried about him wetting the bed if he is so tired that he doesn't wake up after a long day at WDW. Will housekeeping provider a waterproof pad for the bed? I have one I can loan them, if need be, but wasn't sure if you could get one from the hotel. (No, he will not wear a pull-up as he'll tell you he's a big boy + he rarely has accidents).

Not that I know of. You could pack a couple of pads in your bag if you want the absorbent kind or use a trash bag if all you need is plastic.

:earsboy: Bill

... (No, he will not wear a pull-up as he'll tell you he's a big boy + he rarely has accidents).

Tell him that Mickey sometimes wears them when he's at your resort because he sleeps so soundly that he might have an accident. And his prostate is acting up...;)

RoutemanDan said:
That's great, the 3 year old tells the adults how it's going to be.

Not familiar with 3 year olds are you........

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

We just took our DD to DLR as a recently potty trained "big girl. I highly recommend pushing on the pull-ups. We don't typically use them at home, but they saved us while waiting to ride Dumbo. There are times standing in a long line, almost to the front and you hear those magic words "Mommy, I need to potty!" and they mean now. She was confused that I told her to potty in her pull-up, but there was no mess and she got to enjoy the ride still. There was so much going on, and most times we made it to the bathroom in time, but that once made it worth it for the pull-ups.

The funny part is that at night she wore her underwear to bed. We had no worries outside the park, and even exhausted she never once had an accident. If DGS is not having any night time accidents, he will probably be fine.

My three year old is at the same stage - I can't remember the last time she had an accident but I would be worried about a hotel bed too. I am not sure if DVC provide rubber sheets but my advice would be to get a couple of pampers incontinence mats and put them under the sheet on his bed. The chances are it will still be dry in the morning if not just throw it in the bin and have the sheet changed.
I know from experience that it can be very hard to try and go back a stage when potty training - my daughter would be very upset if I asked her to wear training pants now - as we made such a big deal of her being a big girl when we got rid of them.
Good luck

Not that it's something that's fun to deal with at 3am, but housekeeping will change the bed for you as needed. On our first trip, my girls were 2 1/2 and in various stages of potty training. I called housekeeping the first day and explained that I would like an extra set of sheets and blankets in case I needed to change beds during the night. They were happy to bring them. Also, as you leave for the parks in the morning, you can touch housekeeping on the phone and let them know if any beds need to be changed due to accidents. We used pull ups, but with a 3 year old, I know you have to choose your battles!

I would just bring a water proof pad or waterproof mattress cover. Yes the cover is bulky but better than worrying about accidents during a vacation.

Though this was about five years ago, housekeeping did provide us upon request with a waterproof pad or a plastic covering for the bed (I cannot recall exactly what it provided) when one of the kids got sick and we wanted to save the mattress from risk.

Not familiar with 3 year olds are you........

:rotfl::thumbsup2

I didn't deal with *this* issue when DS was 3, since he managed to figure out the potty at night *first* (little weirdo), but we did have a big pad under him for a long long time. Bought it from fuzzibunz, a cloth diaper company. PUL on one side, fleece on the other, worked perfectly.

But I certainly had other issues when DS was 3 which involved his ideas of the way the world worked vs mine. Like...he wouldn't go on Pirates of the Caribbean that whole year. too scary. For the year. Sure I could have forced it, but why?

That said, Bumkins makes super-cute cloth and nylon training pants that your son might not recognize as diapers. Very comfy and soft on the inside, and adorable on the outside. Since he would just, maybe, be peeing in them, there is no complication in washing them. You could always slip them on him OVER his underpants once he goes to sleep (LOL, I used to cut my son's *hair* while he slept...it was just easier!).

I'm not sure if it is just the pullouts, but in my experience, they usually have a cloth covered pad that stops noisture from seeping through.

I would insist upon the pull ups. Even for our one twin that had not had an accident for over 6 months-- on our most recent Disney cruise and disneyland vacation, sleep over at grandmas, etc- I had them both wear pull ups- didnt ask if they wanted to just this was the way it was going to be.
We talked about that sometimes when we are having lots of fun all day- they can be super sleepy and might have an accident. Since it wasnt our house- we didnt want to make a mess in someone elses bed and that they just needed to wear them just in case to be safe.

It would be a nuissance to call housekeeping in the middle of the night. I preferred the pullup option vs taking my own bedding. One twin was dry all of the time- but out of about 3 weeks worths of vacations the other twin had soaked pull ups x2.
Not sure what would be easier for you- but the pullups were easiest for us & they didnt argue especially since I explained why

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter