• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does everyone on this board always stay in a deluxe resort?

See below ... and that doesn't cover the many many times offsite. Currently as I type, offsite in 2 bedroom condo, moving tomorrow to a moderate for the weekend.

I go back and forth between value and moderate depending on the discount and what we're planning to do. The last time I stayed in a deluxe was a decade ago because it was a father/daughter trip and she was only 10 at the time. I liked everything under the same roof for that trip.

My daughter has asked to stay in a deluxe so we'll do a birthday weekend or something for a couple nights in the future but for long stays, lower cost room and more money/time while there for other things is generally how we roll.

We have only stayed on property as we like to take advantage of the transportation and we love the theming of the hotels. We have stayed Deluxe and Moderate only. Deluxe was nice but I didn't feel it was worth the money and since, we stick to Moderates. We spend a lot of time at our resort during our trips.....perhaps more than a lot of families. We like our park time and like our resort time equally. We like our room space and the bigger rooms at Moderate fits our needs even though it's just 3 of us. Perhaps one day we might try a Value just for comparison sake. We also like having a table service restaurant onsite for those nights when we get sick of chicken nuggets on the run and want to relax a bit with an adult beverage and a steak!

We stayed value for years, but once we tried moderate, we will stay moderate from now on. I won't even try deluxe, because I'm sure I will like it, but will never be able to justify it because we have found everything we need at moderate. But there is a huge following of people on here who love values, especially POP.

I have stayed at all four levels of resorts. It depends on budget, how long I will be there and the reason for the trip. For example, I might stay value for a couple nights to go to mnsshp, but the next trip might be a week in a deluxe for a restful vacation.

We're a family of five, so values aren't an option for those of us in families of 4+ (except studios, of course). Also, I find that since I've been to WDW so many times, we spend more down time at the resort and really appreciate the ambiance of the mods and deluxes. My first stay on property was ASMovies and would recommend the values to any first time visitor.

We have stayed at all levels plus offsite. Our favorite is AKL, but willing to stay pretty much anywhere to get to Disney! When we do stay at deluxes we do so by renting points or using discounts. We just cannot justify paying rack rate for deluxes so when there isn't a discount to be had or points to rent we choose something else.

Just like us! Only, our first visit to a moderate is still coming up (POFQ this July).

I guess because we started at a value, and returned to values mostly because of budget/bubble needs, they are what comes to mind for me as our Disney "homes." We're branching out next time, but I still love the All Stars! So many good memories...
You're gonna love French Quarter!

the all stars are great, im not in my room to often when I am in disney, but I did stay at the animal kingdom one time and the animals outside your window are great !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new here so I'd like to say I am being objective. I have noticed anecdotally that it seems the board does skew more towards the mods and deluxe. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Our first trip we stayed in a deluxe. My dad was able to get DVC points from a friend for cheap. The next trip we needed to do it on a budget since My dad was not paying this time. So we stayed at a value. Our last visit and the one coming up are Mods. It all depends on how much we are able to spend.

We VERY frequently stay at Value resorts. I've stayed at all of them and have a love for each one (though I have to admit I kinda put all the All Stars together) Music has an awesomely themed Broadway section, but it's the Toy Story section at Movies that truly wins me over. AoA is overrated for the price of the standard rooms (because its still new) but if you've got the cash, they're awesomely themed in the rooms. Pop is the top pick for me.

While living down there we obviously made "day trips" into the parks and that's when we did most of our stay cations at more expensive resorts.

I've stayed off property twice and probably wouldn't do it again, just because of convenience and I don't drive, so we can't rent a car. It almost works out to the same cost once you find a not-so-sketchy cheap motel, add in super shuttle to & from the airport, and then you have to add in ubers or taxis to/from the parks to make things work with your plans because most of those shuttles only run specific times and half the time drop you at Epcot or the TTC only.

We stay on rented DVC points. Currently have 6 nights booked at BCV in June for less than it would have cost for the same time period at a moderate direct through Disney, even with the discount. Another 6 at BLT for not much more. If DVC rental were not an option, we would absolutely be staying in values or moderates. Stayed off-site on our first family trip and on my childhood trip. No desire to ever do that again.

We've stayed deluxe, moderate, & value. It just depends on the type of trip we are taking. We plan to stay at OKW next time with SIL & her family of six. As long as the place is clean, we are not picky about where we stay.

As PPs noted if you're a family of 5+ (none under 2) values aren't an option. The family suites at AoA & ASM are going to be more $ than a mod that can sleep 5. And sometimes more $ than a deluxe that can sleep 5 in one room if you find the right discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter