Does EVERYONE decorate thier stateroom door?

Michellynn

Finding shopping opportunities at every destinatio
Just curious how many people do this.

Not trying to be a "party pooper"....but it is just DH and I going on a Magic cruise in September and I hadn't planned on doing anything to our door.

Will we be the odd balls for not doing it?

Not trying to be a "party pooper"....but it is just DH and I going on a Magic cruise in September and I hadn't planned on doing anything to our door.

No, you won't be the odd balls. I don't know the exact percentage that do, but I would guess about 20 - 30% do the decorations. We've been on 11 (soon to be 12) DCL cruises and have only done it once.

Thanks!!! Great to know that our door won't be THE one that is freakishly bare in a sea of decorations.

:thumbsup2

There were very few doors decorated on our July cruise to Canada. We enjoyed adding magnets to ours and people passing buy seemed to enjoy looking at them. It made out rooms easier to find also. But you definitely will be in the majority if you do not decorate them. Maybe cruises to other places see more door decorating happening. Not sure.

I was on the Magic 8 day cruise last week and very few doors were decorated on my deck (deck 7) and those that did only had a few magnets. I had my door covered in magnets and changed some each day. It made it so easy to find my room since all the other doors near mine were plain white. I had lots of fun with it. I did see some in other parts of the ship, but overall most doors weren't decorated.

Thanks everyone.

I'm sure it is fun to do for everyone that does it. I think if we do anything it will just be a few name magnets to make it easy to identify our door. :cool2:

Thanks everyone.

I'm sure it is fun to do for everyone that does it. I think if we do anything it will just be a few name magnets to make it easy to identify our door. :cool2:

We don't go nuts, but the kids like them :) And yes, it makes it easy to spot your door.

We see lots of doors with nothing.

Thanks everyone.

We usally have the mickey ears, and one or two other small magnets. It definately helps identify our door. We stay near the aft starboard elevators and I still can't remember which way to turn when we come off the stairs. :rotfl: I need all the help I can get.

We put a picture magnet with each of the DCL cruises we have been on, but not much else. Going on a Christmas cruise and wondering if we should do something different or more special ?

Morning, you will be on the same cruise as us. We are 4 adults, me, my DH, my stepson (24) and my dad. We have connecting cabins on Deck 2. We will have a few magnets but not many. Check out the cruise meets board (unless you have already). There are a lot of us there. I am at work so can't add the link. We are going to meet up on our first day at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge.

Linda

Since I'm a DVC member, they usually put a magnet on the door...other than that I don't add anything.....

Some folks go crazy decorating I just don't have the imagination. Plus I have a hard enough time over packing I really don't need to add more...

We were on the Dream a few weeks ago and I only saw 2 or 3 doors that were decorated. We had magnets on our door....some disappeared.... :(

We like to decorate our door as it makes it easier for our kids who are always running up ahead of us to spot our stateroom instead of going by it as 2 of our 3kids are too young to read the stateroom numbers.

I do not decorate my stateroom door but I enjoy looking at other doors. I also use nearby decorated stateroom doors to find my stateroom.

Thanks everyone.

We will be on the same cruise as you. This trip is just me and DH (we never traveled alone). We have always decorated our door and I plan to this trip as well, just not as much as we do if DD was with us. I printed out some of the Canadian things and will add a few with our names - it really does make it easier to find.

I think the majority of doors are undecorated - so you won't feel out of place.

Stop by the cruise meets thread for the cruise and introduce yourself - we got a nice group sailing on the 7th.

tammy
:yay:

Morning, you will be on the same cruise as us. We are 4 adults, me, my DH, my stepson (24) and my dad. We have connecting cabins on Deck 2. We will have a few magnets but not many. Check out the cruise meets board (unless you have already). There are a lot of us there. I am at work so can't add the link. We are going to meet up on our first day at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge.

Linda

Hi Linda...I keep meaning to go check out the group and then forget as I get absorbed in all the other threads! :rotfl: Thanks for the reminder!

We will be on the same cruise as you. This trip is just me and DH (we never traveled alone). We have always decorated our door and I plan to this trip as well, just not as much as we do if DD was with us. I printed out some of the Canadian things and will add a few with our names - it really does make it easier to find.

I think the majority of doors are undecorated - so you won't feel out of place.

Stop by the cruise meets thread for the cruise and introduce yourself - we got a nice group sailing on the 7th.

tammy
:yay:

Thanks Tammy! Sounds like a lot of really friendly people in the meet thread!! I need to head over there. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter