Does everyone change ADRs multiple times? Or am I just crazy?

The thing is, who can really be certain exactly where they'll want to eat in six month? Not only where, but at what time?
It's hard. When I start, I just make sure I get down, basically, our favorites and guess the rest, knowing it will be fine regardless. Sometimes I remind myself that being there is so special that eating the marvelous counter service for our whole stay would never make me not want to be there, and then I relax more about the whole thing.

:goodvibes

I change mine multiple times. I do keep the ones that are hard to get. I always have trouble deciding on Epcot dinners so those tend to change multiple times!

You're not alone! That's why I like making them online. It's easy and I don't feel paranoid that a CM is thinking, "She's changing AGAIN?!" :rotfl:

I just double book or dinner TS ADR's-1 in the park and 1 in our resort area-and then cancel 1 a day or two before (or same day if no CC ressie) once we know our defintive plans.

So no need to rearrange.:)

Oh yeah! I'm always looking for something better! I book, cancel and then end up rebooking the same restaurant I cancelled!

I drive my fiance crazy with changing ADRs (he does the online booking because we use his cc). Last year, I probably changed at least one restaurant every week for about 10 weeks!

It's ok, I consider it part of the fun of planning a Disney vacation!

Me to!! the more I plan the more things change. :)

As soon as I booked the vacation I made reservations. Booked about 65 days out so was worried, but really there is only 2 I cant get, BOG and california grill but that one is closed for remodel.

But I call often checking for BOG, and when i do I always check for earlier times. I started with 7/13 dinners after 7 pm. I am down to only 2 now.

But i do still have 1900 Park fare twice. And as I was looking over my list While I was writing this I noticed we had 5 Epcot Dinner reservations. We DO NOT have hopper passes so i am going to have to change that. Epcot we can "do" in one day. So spending 5 days there will be a problem. :( hadnt even thought of that.

Since they track cancellations, do you get bad "marks" for making changes and canceling ADR's

I'm a changer too! I thought I had the perfect adr plan...then I got to thinking, maybe we would like to do 'Ohana again this trip....low and behold an ADR pops up at the perfect time for a yummy meal (and Lapu Lapu) before our MNSSHP night! Everything is perfect! Until...I decided wouldn't it be fun to have a pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker house? So I search and snag an 8:20 on our day! Perfect! Except then I think we may be a bit rushed to get thru the meal before 9, so I check again a few days later and find 8:10 which was SO much better (an extra 10 minutes, I know) so I snapped it up! This is what I do....all of the time! There's got to be a 12 step program somewhere out there for me right? LOL!

I'm a changer too! I thought I had the perfect adr plan...then I got to thinking, maybe we would like to do 'Ohana again this trip....low and behold an ADR pops up at the perfect time for a yummy meal (and Lapu Lapu) before our MNSSHP night! Everything is perfect! Until...I decided wouldn't it be fun to have a pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker house? So I search and snag an 8:20 on our day! Perfect! Except then I think we may be a bit rushed to get thru the meal before 9, so I check again a few days later and find 8:10 which was SO much better (an extra 10 minutes, I know) so I snapped it up! This is what I do....all of the time! There's got to be a 12 step program somewhere out there for me right? LOL!

Haha! If you need a 12 step program, I do too!!!

But more importantly, tell me about this Lapu Lapu of which you speak? Is the the bar near ohana? This is my first trip, I need info:)

Lapu lapu is amazing! It is a fruity drink with a rum base served inside of a real pineapple! You can get them at the Tambu lounge inside the Pily by Ohana!

Monday was our ADR day and I've already made my first change tonight. I realized I was over at an Epcot resort on a night I wanted to be in the MK area. So I changed Cape May to Trail's End. And now I have Cape May on a MVMCP night when MK closes early.

I have several I won't change, though, including BOG. :goodvibes

Yup, I make multiple changes. Beats doing laundry. I'll book what I think we want at 180 then tweak as the schedule for CP, flights, waitlists are finalized.

Oh good it's not only me!! I've changed mine at least 20 times- told myself I was done but started reading reviews for Kouzzina today so I messed around with everything again haha!

It's probably more common to switch a couple things around than not! We have to make these ADRs 180-190 days in advance of when we are eating! I never plan a meal that far in advance any other time than when I'm going to disney. Not to mention the fact that disney hasn't even finalized schedules and park hours that far in advance yet.

Right now I have a pre-rope drop CRT ADR scheduled for one of our MK days. But, if disney changes the opening time from 9 to 8am i'll be canceling that and looking for something else. It's enough to drive anyone a little batty! :rotfl:

Yep---- just "tweaked" again---- changed our 7/3 ADR ("SAI") lunch
to ""Kona"---

Its our arrival day, and figuring the parks will be packed that day, and wanted a little more relaxing meal !!

(Btw, any suggestions on what to order?) -- we've done Kona Bfast a few times (love it !!!)

Never did the lunch-

TIA !!!

I change them multiple times and sometimes end up changing back to the original ADR's again (if there is still availability). :thumbsup2

We didn't decide to do Disney this year until a little over 100 days before. We've got some ADRs, but honestly, in the past, I've seen something interesting while touring the park and made arrangements at that time to get an ADR for a few days later in our trip. I don't think you should feel tied to these. I look at the ADR as my safety net. If I don't find something more amazing, I have something that is guaranteed to be good. But if something catches my eye while we're there - move plans around and go with the flow!

I just make sure that if I do decide to change plans I cancel the other one so that some other last minute decider like me has a chance to get the place we gave up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter