• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does early closure of MK affect boat to FW?

Susa

Earning My Ears
The Magic Kingdom closes early (at 7pm) for grad on May 7. The information I have read on the ferry boats states that they remain in service 1 hour after the park closes. Since MK is closing earlier than normal, for a special event, do you think the boats to MK also stop running early or would they run later as they normally would?

I have made ADR at Trails End Restaurant in FW that evening and I am taking the ferry boat from MK to FW. I was hoping to also leave FW by boat and go back to MK to catch my bus back to my resort.

Yes, the FW-MK boat will probably stop running around 7:45. The boat to the Contemporary Resort always runs until 11:30 p.m., but the buses from the MK to the resorts may stop running around 8 p.m.

From Trail's End, you can take the bus to the FW Outpost, the bus to WL, or the boat to the CR or WL. From any of those locations, you'll need to take a bus to any open park or DTD, where you can get transportation back to your resort.

You didn't say where you'll be staying. If you'll be at an Epcot area resort, bear in mind that you cannot transfer at Epcot without walking through the park to the International Gateway.

Thanks for letting me know. Our resort is at POP. I'll have to reconfigure our plans a bit, but at least we won't be stranded.

Thanks for letting me know. Our resort is at POP. I'll have to reconfigure our plans a bit, but at least we won't be stranded.
Epcot & DHS are both open until 9, and are good transfer points for Pop. If it's after 9, you're stuck with DTD.

I know you said Trails End, but keep in mind that the HDDR is in the same location AND buses run after the last two shows from the bus depot near the restaurants directly to the resorts(several resorts share a bus). This may be an option for you depending on what time your dinner is. You can also take any of the above mentioned routes(to WL, CR or Outpost) and get a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter