Does DME go to the parks on only resorts?

mikamah

DIS Veteran
We arrive at 12 noon, and are thinking we'd just like to get to a park on that day, and go to the resort in the evening and check in. Are there busses to do that, or do we have to take the bus to our resort, and then take the bus from there to a park? Thanks.

Just backing up what Vijoge told you.

No such thing as a DME bus to a park. Sorry!

Also, if you want your luggage magically delivered to your room, you need to check in. Otherwise, it will sit in Bell Services holding room waiting on you to check in, then you will need to call them when you get to your room to deliver it, and then a tip will be expected.

Now, if you already have your park tickets, all but 1 of your party could get off at the first resort that DME goes to, and head directly for a park. The one person could go to your resort, have the carryons stored with Bell Services, check in, then join the rest of the family ASAP.

Thanks for the replies. That's a good idea about one of us going to the hotel and checking in, while the others go to a park. The other thought was the kids could take a swim, while I check in, and then head to a park later in the afternoon. Decisions, decisions.

The next logical extension of DME would be allowing guests to check in (to their resort) at the airport and then take a bus directly to a theme park.

The next logical extension of DME would be allowing guests to check in (to their resort) at the airport and then take a bus directly to a theme park.

However, unless they EXTENSIVELY expanded their desk staff, that would take much longer to get folks out of the airport and on their bus.

Disney resorts take the LONGEST to check in of ANY hotel/resort chain that I've ever been to. I never spend less than 20-30 minutes once I get to the desk checking in, and I'm a simple person. Usually, no package, no tickets, just pay my balance, add my CC for charging, sometimes give me a parking pass, and give me my room key, but even so, they ALWAYS go through this long, drawn out spiel about tickets, and restaurants, and Cirque, and the transportation system, etc. I tell them I'm a repeat visitor with over 20 visits, and only once I got the short version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter