Does Disney keep a list of 'constant complainers'

I gave guest feedback in person regarding the broken elevators in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary this weekend as well as feedback regarding the door to my room which wasn't latched properly after housekeeping straightened the room this past Saturday.

My husband said I am probably flagged as a complainer now. I don't care - that no working guest elevators should never, ever have happened in any resort let alone a deluxe one.
People were directed to the service elevators if they had to use one.

Mechanical things break. There is no way to not have them ever break.

And in a place where they would be expected to work 24/7 (ie in an office building you can do elevator maintenance from 8 PM to -5 AM and no one would care... especially if you can leave on elevator up and do that one the next night. Because the few people in the building could manage on one) however at Disney you have people coming and going at all times of the day/night. Maintenance would be somewhat problematic (as you would also have complained if they took the elevators down for maintenance right?)

Seriously as long as they had a way for those with disabilities that can't take stairs to get up to their rooms and down again (and a plan in case of an emergency... which generally would not involve the elevator anyway) then Disney did everything right.

I don't understand why people expect perfection.

And why would a mechanical failure be worse at a deluxe then at a value?

I gave guest feedback in person regarding the broken elevators in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary this weekend as well as feedback regarding the door to my room which wasn't latched properly after housekeeping straightened the room this past Saturday.

My husband said I am probably flagged as a complainer now. I don't care - that no working guest elevators should never, ever have happened in any resort let alone a deluxe one.
People were directed to the service elevators if they had to use one.

Is this for real? The sense of entitlement in some people is mind blowing to me. Elevators need maintenance...you can't just demand they always work since you spent all kinds of money on a hotel room...

I agree. If you are playing deluxe prices, there should never be any maintenance issues to make any part of the guest's stay inconvenient. Especially elevators. Why did not they install a maintenance free elevator is beyond my comprehension.

We really need a sarcasm font.

Maybe we should just designate one... Like font in italics is always to be assumed to be sarcasm.

Then again that would make the board less entertaining with all the people that didn't "get" it and then wrote scathing comments as if it were serious :)

I'd rather just envision this look on peoples' faces...

What_zps279c5744.png

I know the management cares:

In 14 or 15 visit to WDW, we only had 1 time that we had room issues and they gave us a upgrade the next morning.

The few times we have gone to GS, our needs were met with a smile and excellent service.

I cannot help but wonder if a perceived lack of caring is because of the details of the problem or they just cannot do anything to help or the guests themselves.

AKK

I know the management cares:

In 14 or 15 visit to WDW, we only had 1 time that we had room issues and they gave us a upgrade the next morning.

The few times we have gone to GS, our needs were met with a smile and excellent service.

AKK

I agree. I've never had a bad encounter with Guest Relations. But I also don't walk up to the counter like a raging she-monster either. I've literally been standing at a counter before when some, uh, "nice person" comes right up behind me screaming at the very same person I'm talking to about some issue they're having. Also I've been standing next to someone that is attempting to complain about something, and I just can't believe how some people will talk to others. Just because they're behind the counter wearing a uniform and you're on vacation doesn't give people the right to treat them as subhuman.

If you're met with what you think is less than stellar service, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe you weren't all peaches and cream like you envision yourself. LOL

Disney def. keeps a file of everything.

We had problems from the get go a year ago on my first visit with my kids. It was issue after issue so I had to keep going back to the Resort and Park Desks. Every time I had to sit there and wait while they read my file to see what other CMs wrote about my issues.

If you're met with what you think is less than stellar service, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe you weren't all peaches and cream like you envision yourself. LOL

That is not always true. Twice I've sent off an e-mail to Disney for poor service. Neither time was I a raging monster.

Once was the second time I was down-graded at the All Star Music. Yes, it happened to me on 2 separate trips. The first time I let it slide. The second time, not so much. Especially as they were not even going to tell me I was down-graded, and then argued with me when I told them I had booked preferred. I had to haul out my confirmation papers to prove it to them. And then they didn't even credit me the difference between the cost, I had to send off the e-mail once I was home to get that.

The other time was when I booked a moderate resort, just for the pool slide for my niece. Guess what was closed down the whole trip? Yep, the slide. No sign at the pool, no note in the room, nothing. Had to go to the front desk to see what was up. And when I asked why there was no notice, the not so nice man who claimed he was the manager stated that Disney didn't have to give guests notice, they could shut down whatever they wanted to.

Sometimes the Cast Members just drop the ball. They are not perfect. I'm sure some guests go up and start yelling and screaming, but not all do. Just as not all CMs feel the pixe dust and spread it around.

At some point mechanical systems will break down and maintenance will need to be done. While it may be inconvenient I think the available use of a freight elevator is an acceptable alternative. I wouldn't necessarily be put off by this and make a huge deal about it. What I am put off by is the assumption that deluxe resort guests are somehow more inconvenienced by something like this just because they pay more. If a broken down elevator is inconvenient for one it is inconvenient for all - regardless of how much his or her resort costs.

To be fair one can forgive some apprehension using service elevators at certain Disney hotels.

I agree. I've never had a bad encounter with Guest Relations. But I also don't walk up to the counter like a raging she-monster either. I've literally been standing at a counter before when some, uh, "nice person" comes right up behind me screaming at the very same person I'm talking to about some issue they're having. Also I've been standing next to someone that is attempting to complain about something, and I just can't believe how some people will talk to others. Just because they're behind the counter wearing a uniform and you're on vacation doesn't give people the right to treat them as subhuman.

I totally agree and have seen just what you have seen as well! Some people seem to think by putting on attitude and a nasty loud voice they get more..........They don't know how wrong they are and how often it back fires...........even without them knowing it!

AKK

I totally agree and have seen just what you have seen as well! Some people seem to think by putting on attitude and a nasty loud voice they get more..........They don't know how wrong they are and how often it back fires...........even without them knowing it!

AKK

Yep. That's when they go from being a guest to being a "customer" - Disney code for a PITA.

Yep. That's when they go from being a guest to being a "customer" - Disney code for a PITA.

Yep! I remember years ago when I worked PT CM at Disney Store...if we had a problem "guest" in the store (ie shoplifter) we would page for Customer assistance. You do not want to be a Customer at Disney!

I'm curious if there is a reverse file. One that keeps track of customers who routinely send correspondence complimenting them when they get something right.

I hope there's not a file on us. We've had complaints/upgrades the last two times we've been to Disneyland. The first time, we'd awakened at 2 a.m. California time to travel to California. At 6 p.m., we discover a leak in our bathroom, at 8 p.m. someone was still working on it. I asked that we be moved bc we were literally walking dead. They moved us and upgraded up to a Club Level room, but I didn't ask for an upgrade. Just a room where I could sleep without maintenance in the bathroom!

The second time, we were given a room that hadn't been cleaned yet! :confused3 Beds still unmade, the works. We were upgraded to a view room that trip.

I wonder if they start a file on you if the complaints are warranted? I wasn't ugly, but clearly I couldn't stay in those rooms!

I hope there's not a file on us. We've had complaints/upgrades the last two times we've been to Disneyland. The first time, we'd awakened at 2 a.m. California time to travel to California. At 6 p.m., we discover a leak in our bathroom, at 8 p.m. someone was still working on it. I asked that we be moved bc we were literally walking dead. They moved us and upgraded up to a Club Level room, but I didn't ask for an upgrade. Just a room where I could sleep without maintenance in the bathroom!

The second time, we were given a room that hadn't been cleaned yet! :confused3 Beds still unmade, the works. We were upgraded to a view room that trip.

I wonder if they start a file on you if the complaints are warranted? I wasn't ugly, but clearly I couldn't stay in those rooms!

I don't think you have anything to worry about - these were two valid issues and the upgrades were given without asking for them. The people on this type of list are continuous, constant issues and demand for a freebie of some type. They work the system to get something for free and they do it often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter