Does Disney Do Luggage Tranfer? CM said NO!

Valera

Mouseketeer
When making our ressies this morning (AP Code Thanks Everyone!) I said to the CM that I was going to switch resorts during the trip as Disney would move our luggage. I was told "they absolutely would not so it was up to me if I wanted to move." I said are you sure and could you please check and was told "yes I am sure I don't need to check." Now I know I've heard of others on the Dis talking about Disney moving the luggage. We'll have a rental car so it's not a big deal (AKL to WL) but I just want to make sure.

Thanks everyone!

I have moved and they sure do move them for you. The bell will come get them from your room, with them completely packed and ready obviously. Then they will take them to the new one. Then you call the bell and they bring them to you. They don't do room to room nor do they do any of the packing, etc. Maybe that is what the CM thought you were asking, for full service.?

*sigh*

YES, Disney will transfer your luggage from AKL to WL. Just have Bell Services pick it up in the morning before you head out. They will transfer it between 1-3pm. When you check in at WL, just call down to Bell Services, and they will bring it up for you.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
I have moved and they sure do move them for you. The bell will come get them from your room, with them completely packed and ready obviously. Then they will take them to the new one. Then you call the bell and they bring them to you. They don't do room to room nor do they do any of the packing, etc. Maybe that is what the CM thought you were asking, for full service.?

No I don't think so. Because I specifically stated then we will have to take our luggage with us in the rental car when we leave and check it into the new resort? I was very specifically and quite un-nicely at this point told YES! I think the CM was upset because I said that I had read/heard it somewhere. I told her it was okay no biggie we just wanted to know for sure.

We have planned to go to an Early Entry park the day of transfer and then to the new resort after lunch so it would be nice not to have to leave our luggage unattended in the rental car. I guess I can always check with the front desk before we switch resorts.

Just remember that when Disney transfers the luggage, it won't arrive until 1-3pm...

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
Just remember that when Disney transfers the luggage, it won't arrive until 1-3pm...

Thank you Tyler!!!!! After I was told know I didn't go into it any further. Maybe it was a new CM?

We will remember this and pack a bag with a change of clothing/swimwear/ect so we don't have to worry about the arrival of our luggage.

Thank you!!!!

BTW - To those that have tranfered luggage, did you have them transfer electronics such as laptops and cameras? In July I wonder if it will be too hot in the rental car for such things?

Hi! We just stayed at POP and AKL. Wonderful, magical trip! Bell services were superb at both resorts! At Pop since we had to leave our room by 7:15 am this is what I did. The night before I called bell services and asked for pick up in the morning for transfer to AKL. They were wonderful told me exactly what to do including "If you desire to leave a tip, please leave it under one of the suitcases". I packed up in the morning, left a note saying thanks and a tip and off we went for the day! Around 4 we arrived at AKL and after checking in we stopped at the bell desk and they walked up to our room with our luggage and us. Giving a mini tour and lecture about the resort! It was just great service!

I had camera, cash and anything else of real value on me in our backback. You could probably check your laptop but I'm just not sure. Or you could take it with you and lock it into a locker at the park if you thought it would get too hot in a car. Other than that, you don't have much choice.

I know lots of people like to bring their laptops but I never would while on vacation. I have to use it too much for work. I wouldn't like having to keep track of it. jmho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter