Does Disney Actually Charge the $10 ADR NS Fee?

Wondering if in the event you are going to have to cancel last minute, if changing the reservation to 1 person would help - then cancel, so it is a $10 fee instead of each person? Has anyone tried this?

Just thinking ahead in case we do want to make a change.

Wondering if in the event you are going to have to cancel last minute, if changing the reservation to 1 person would help - then cancel, so it is a $10 fee instead of each person? Has anyone tried this?

Some people have reported that they move the reservation to a date in the future and then cancel. (Of course, this would only work if the restaurant has availability sometime in the future. Some restaurants may not.)

Does anyone know if I need to call Disney Dining because the card I used to make dining reservations was compromised and cancelled? It is a debit connected to my checking account. I entered a new card for any reservations I make from here on out but I don't want to mess around and end up losing the ones I already have.

We had the same thing happen a few years ago and I called WDW to ask what I should do. The CM I spoke with said there wasn't a way for her to update the credit card without cancelling the reservation. She told me not to worry because that card is only charged if you don't show up. Any pre-paid restaurant charges have already been made but since you can pay with any card you want (or charge to your account) it wouldn't affect anything.

I honestly hope that doesn't work. People don't need any more "loopholes" to work with that messes things up.

I've been charged some times, but not every time. I think it's at the discretion of the Manager and likely has to do with how booked they are for the night. The one time I wasn't charged I actually went to the podium of the restaurant to explain we wouldn't be keeping the ADR and they were very gracious and cancelled with no penalty (Hollywood Brown Derby), another time I just decided last minute I didn't want to go and was charged and rightfully so (Artist Point).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter