Does DCL charge for a baby using DCL transfers

jenmsmith

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide on Orlando to Port Canaveral transport. I can’t seem to find the answer: does DCL charge for a lap sitting 1-year-old in their transfers?

If you do not get an answer rapidly here, that’s the kind of question that gets an easy answer from the DCL chat.

Just chatted with DCL CM: Ages 3 and up charged for the bus ($39 each way). Under 3 yo gets a seat, no charge.
This is 100% correct. When my son was two, I told DCL I wanted to pay for his seat so he could have a seat belt, and they assured me that he was a "guest of mickey" and was guaranteed a seat with no charge. There was another guest on the bus who made a big stink about it because he wanted my son's seat when he arrived late and didn't want to go to the back of the bus away from his wife and (teenage) kid, and kept telling me I had to put him on my lap since I didn't pay, but the CM backed me up. This is just like how you do not have to pay for a park ticket or buffet meal for your under 3-year-olds, yet they can still ride all the rides and eat anything at the buffet. Disney is great for little ones!

This is 100% correct. When my son was two, I told DCL I wanted to pay for his seat so he could have a seat belt, and they assured me that he was a "guest of mickey" and was guaranteed a seat with no charge. There was another guest on the bus who made a big stink about it because he wanted my son's seat when he arrived late and didn't want to go to the back of the bus away from his wife and (teenage) kid, and kept telling me I had to put him on my lap since I didn't pay, but the CM backed me up. This is just like how you do not have to pay for a park ticket or buffet meal for your under 3-year-olds, yet they can still ride all the rides and eat anything at the buffet. Disney is great for little ones!
Thank you! We’re taking our toddler with us on her brother’s graduation trip. We usually rent a car, but with just a small crew, I think DCL transfers will end up being cheaper.

Wow, that guy sounds like a real gem. Geez.

And, FWIW, it's the age at the time of sailing that counts. Our son turned 3 the day after we got on our cruise, and his transfers were free round trip, even though he was already 3 on the return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter