Does day of the week really make a difference in the crowds?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are planning on traveling in April of 2018 (during school vacation 16-20th)- not any where near Easter which will be on the 1st that year. We are doing the first 2 days US and then 6 or 7 days disney. We know how to handle disney, but i don't know much about Universal Studions. I am trying to figure out if there is any major difference in crowd levels at US from a weekend day vs week day. Our options would be:
Option 1 -Universal Studios
Arrive early Saturday - hit parks by noon
Sunday - full park day
Monday - park until 2ish then move to disney for the next 6 days

Option 2-Universal Studios
Arrive early Sunday - hit parks by noon
Monday - full park day
Tuesday - park until 2ish then move to disney for the next 6 days

What would you choose? - we are somewhat flexible with our days and know that the kids will miss a couple days of school after vacation.

Last edited:
I wondered this about Universal Studios a while back, since there really aren't many crowd calendars online like Disney has. The answer is that no matter which park (Universal or Disney), Sunday is the best day to go if you're looking for smaller crowds.

For Disney, the best plan is to avoid parks with early hours unless you are using that hour.

We usually end our trips at Universal, which means we're there on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday. IMO, I don't notice much difference in terms of crowds. It may be slightly busier over the weekends due to locals, but it doesn't seem to have as big of an impact as it would at WDW. Where are you staying at Universal? If onsite at a deluxe hotel, you will get express pass included which means crowd levels are even less important. Personally, I would just go with whatever fits your schedule better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter