Does cabin save money?

Coloradogrl

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney for our wedding and honeymoon and I was wondering if the cabins really save you money. I know that they have a kitchen so we could cook lunches and breakfast and have dinner in WDW. I know we just got back for DL and spent around 2300 for the whole trip(2 days) and a BIG percent was on food! I also thought it would be nice to have our "own" cabin! Any input would really help! :)

We stayed at the Cabins for 7 nights last May. We stopped at Super WalMart in Kissimmee the morning of our first night. We bought 7 days of breakfasts and snacks for late night eating. We spent less than $75. For next year, we are planning on BBQ'ing 4 nights, plus 9 days of breakfasts and after park snacks. This is much cheaper than eating on property. Congratulations and Enjoy.

Well, for 2 people the savings would depend on what you are comparing it to. Versus a value resort? probably none at all. Compared to a deluxe room for the same price? You could certainly save money.

Things that might be nice for a couple are the privacy and space. Not having connecting walls means you won't be othered by other peoples' kids or loud flushing toilets, etc.

If you have a car you can save a lot by cooking some meals. If you have to buy food onsite at FW you're not saving as much.

Just be realistic about how much you'll want to eat in. I know I like to cook my own breakfast whenever possible, but I'd rather eat dinner out. :)

I really think it can save you alot of money and it is really nice to have a quit little home to come back to at night. Have a wonderful honeymoon :goodvibes

I was wondering the same thing! I just checked and for next year oct rates regular season is $279/night! Whew! I thought it would be a little cheaper than that. Now, I'm wondering if I could get BCV cheaper renting points.

I don't know if the cabin would really save a whole lot of money, because it costs so much more, but ..... it is really nice, and would be nice to have a candelit dinner for two...

We stayed there on a trip years ago, because our boys were so young, it was great being so quiet.

We stayed at the AKL this past year, and had a fridge in our room, so we ate breakfast in our room everyday, and had snacks. We only ate out one big meal a day, but with the buffets being soooo big, that's all we needed. With pb sandwiches, and snacks, we never needed to eat our twice.

Anyway, I don't think the cabins really save money, but they are quiet and would be nice.

Just my two cents! Sandi

For a couple, I'm not so sure you would save money either. We have 5 family members, so multiply meals times 5 and we figured we saved money on food. Plus, we have an autistic son, and it was great to not have shared walls and wonder if we were bothering others with his loudness. Privacy can't be beat.

Coloradogrl you should look into getting an AP, I got a BRP price of 164.00 + tax last night for the cabins in December! Depending how long your staying it could add up to a good savings. I don't know how much an out of state AP is though, you would have to crunch the numbers. Another thing you may want to consider is, since your from Colorado, and know what a cabin is suppose to look like, you may be dissapointed in these. They are just prefabs with brown siding, not very authentic. I've heard people from out west aren't impressed with Wilderness Lodge, you might have the same problem with the cabins. Just a thought, look into renting points for the Beach Club, even with a studio you get a microwave and a fridge, good enough for breakfast and a quick lunch, and if your at Epcot or MGM, much easier to get back to the room for lunch and a swim. Happy Honeymoon! :flower:

That's a good point. The studios are great for a couple and they can be very reasonable. They can be reserved 11 months out by renting points from a DVC member. Try the rent/trade board!

We rented points for a BCV studio when there were just 2 of us + the baby in a crib. lots of space. The microwave & fridge were a great help.

Thank you so much for all the post! I have never thought about renting points and to be to honest I really dont know to much about it! I just would really like to have a small kitchen so we could cook some meals! I have never been to WDW so I really dont know what I am getting into!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter