Does buying a child AP get you free parking?

Carpgirl

Mouseketeer
Hi:goodvibes,

We are going to Orlando for 22 nights in December and thought we might buy 1 AP to get the discounts & free parking, & the rest of us get 21 day Ultimate tickets. We will not be going again within a year.

Does anyone know if a child AP can get free parking, as obviously it's a cheaper AP?

Thanks.:)

How funny Deb, I was just coming back to post a link to the same thread. I would have been inclined to say 'no' because, after all, a child wouldn't need free parking but have not been able to find anything definitive that says you don't get the free parking benefit with the child's AP.

That makes sense to me, too, Joh, but does a child's AP have "CHILD" or a date of birth printed on it? If not, then the booth attendants won't give a monkey's. They only ever glance at ours and wave us through. I reckon you could flash your Blockbuster membership card and get away with it! :rotfl2:

Next time someone with annual passes visits, could they show their child's one to the parking booth and report back to us :)

Market research....

Kirsten

Thanks for the replies:thumbsup2

I have searched for an answer to this on here & other forums:ssst: & can only find yes & no as responses:confused3

When we showed our APs we only ever showed them the front of the card and said 'Good morning - Annual Pass' accompanied by a big smiley face of course.
We were then just waved through. No-one ever took them off us or checked to see if they were child or adult. To be honest though I would think carefully about buying a kids one and trying to get away with it. Since AP's have started springing up on eBay, just for the free parking perks, I would suspect it is only a matter of time before they start checking things a bit closer.

When we showed our APs we only ever showed them the front of the card and said 'Good morning - Annual Pass' accompanied by a big smiley face of course.

I think it's the big smiley face that does the trick :laughing:

Last year we had annual tickets and showed the child ticket in error one morning the man at the booth gave the ticket back and asked for an adult annual pass.

On our last trip in Jan 2010 we found the staff payed more attention to the pass, spending longer reading it. In the past they just glanced this trip they took it off us and had a really good look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter