• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does BOG have mac and cheese on the kids menu?

myworldisjam

Mouseketeer
I'm sure the question is out there some where, sorry, but I had just read that mac and cheese might be added to the kids menu? Is this true? I have no idea what my picky eater is going to eat here if not :scratchin

Not so far. Apparently they purposely resisted using typical "kids favorites" like mac & cheese or fried chicken nuggets. I haven't even heard any plans to change the menu.

No, I wasn't impressed with the BOG kids menu. In November when we went for lunch to BOG, I shared the fancy ham and cheese with my DD, who is 2. I probably would have gotten her a kids meal but I didn't see anything I thought she would eat. While I agree it is probably tiring for kids to eat the same thing over and over at WDW, I don't understand why they don't do a balance with both traditional kids foods and other selections at all resturants.

While I agree it is probably tiring for kids to eat the same thing over and over at WDW, I don't understand why they don't do a balance with both traditional kids foods and other selections at all resturants.

So all WDW restaurants should stock and have ready to serve all possible foods that any child may want to eat...?

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense at all.

OP, maybe you should consider searching the menus online and finding a restaurant that serves what your child eats.

There are apparently two ideas at work at Be Our Guest. They wanted the menus to be healthier, and they wanted them to look upscale.

Writing WDW and asking for typical kids' favorites may work if they get enough complaints, but as noted there are plenty of places in the same park where these items are available.

I guess I am in the minority, I am thrilled that BOG has more "exciting" kids menu, #3of 6 is our picky eater, but I have assured her she can find something. I don't feed my kids chicken nuggets, mac & cheese very often, (maybe once a month if I am feeling really lazy) so I don't want every meal they will eat at WDW to feature the same

That is exactly where I read it! I understand the "healthier" menu but the way I see it is we are on vacation and a week of chicken nuggets and pizza is not going to kill them. We eat healthy at home. However, I am not going to let that stop the rest of us from the experience because I have one picky eater. I figure he can eat my fries since it’s too much food for me anyways and we’ll just get him some apples or a pretzel for a snack later on.

I just talked to a manager this week - not necessarily because of the kids menu selections but more because of an interaction with a cast member. However, I did ask how the kids menu was selling. The manager said the current plan is to remove the mahi mahi because it's their worst seller and most expensive item. They plan to replace it with another item but he didn't indicate what it would be. I expect it to be an item similar to their current menu. In other words, I don't think it will be Mac and Cheese or chicken nuggets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter