• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Blue Bayou still have its old desserts?

CapnRin

Rin~chan
pirate:I'm planning on going to Disneyland in a couple of weeks with a friend and we want to dine at blue bayou in hopes of trying the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat. However, I asked about this on yahoo answers and someone said they were just their in December and that Blue Bayou doesn't offer it anymore. I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether they do or not and which other deserts they still have, because they've got to have more than just the mint chocolate dubloons...I hope...:confused3

Thank you for your time

pirate:I'm planning on going to Disneyland in a couple of weeks with a friend and we want to dine at blue bayou in hopes of trying the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat. However, I asked about this on yahoo answers and someone said they were just their in December and that Blue Bayou doesn't offer it anymore. I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether they do or not and which other deserts they still have, because they've got to have more than just the mint chocolate dubloons...I hope...:confused3

Thank you for your time

My daughter was there in May and the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat was NOT available.

Sorry.:sad2:

I believe they don't serve the cookie boat due to an issue with the sugar sails.

Probably because they were good enough for some to stop in just for dessert and therefore taking up big spender table time. I know I would if I still could..

I believe they don't serve the cookie boat due to an issue with the sugar sails.

I think the sails are a good "cover story", and while that may have been the initial reason, if they really wanted to, I'm sure they could have found another vendor by now (it's been more than a year!). I tend to agree with nerdboy's logic that BB got rid of not only the cookie boat but also the creme brulee trio in order to discourage those guests that just wanted to come in for dessert.

OP, as others have mentioned, the cookie boat is no more. The desserts now are VERY generic. I believe there is chocolate cake, pecan pie, or regular vanilla creme brulee.

I think the sails are a good "cover story", and while that may have been the initial reason, if they really wanted to, I'm sure they could have found another vendor by now (it's been more than a year!). I tend to agree with nerdboy's logic that BB got rid of not only the cookie boat but also the creme brulee trio in order to discourage those guests that just wanted to come in for dessert.

OP, as others have mentioned, the cookie boat is no more. The desserts now are VERY generic. I believe there is chocolate cake, pecan pie, or regular vanilla creme brulee.

My brulee was still good though.

Jack

I dined there this past April. And no, unfortunately The Blue Bayou no longer offers their traditional desserts. They no longer offer their mint chocolate doubloons either. I had wished to purchase a box or two for my birthday. And although they had been made on site, still alas all the same, they are if anything, not currently available. My waitperson did not know if they might become available again, nor did he know the reason for the doubloons not being available currently. I can still remember the taste of those mint chocolates so very well too. Good thing, because unless Disneyland brings them back, then one will have to make their own.

I dined there this past April. And no, unfortunately The Blue Bayou no longer offers their traditional desserts. They no longer offer their mint chocolate doubloons either. I had wished to purchase a box or two for my birthday. And although they had been made on site, still alas all the same, they are if anything, not currently available. My waitperson did not know if they might become available again, nor did he know the reason for the doubloons not being available currently. I can still remember the taste of those mint chocolates so very well too. Good thing, because unless Disneyland brings them back, then one will have to make their own.

WOW the mint doubloons are gone too! :( Bummer!

I know.... one would think that at least they would still be available.

We were there in January. None of their old desserts, and what was on the menu wasn't really worth it, IMO. I think they may be trying to cut down on people coming just for dessert. Though we were told that it was an issue with the supplier for the sails.

We had the chocolate cake and the brulee. My husband and I shared. We both thought the brulee was far superior. Yummy. :thumbsup2

I just ate at the Blue Bayou yesterday for lunch. I don't recall all the desserts (I had the chocolate cake) but I do remember they did offer the creme brulee and tiramisu. I don't recall the fourth dessert offered.

Wow, add the extremely poor service to this and short of atmosphere I definitely see no reason to ever return here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter