• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone who stays in Orlando when they go to Disney actually stay off-site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotty

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company
After reading a myriad of posts here, I have come to the conclusion that almost everyone who visits Disney and stays in Orlando actually stays in Disney resorts. Yet I know that there are a lot of motels/hotels around there. They are cheaper from what I've seen. I wonder how those stay in business. Do you think all their business comes from people going to Universal or Sea World, or do some people who go to Disney use them too?

I think on here you see a bias as it is a Disney fansite and so many many people favour their resorts because of that... However, many MANY people choose to stay offsite. Particularly international guests. Infact, I would imagine some of the Disney resorts struggle to get guests through the doors more then offsite hotels.

I think you are concluding incorrectly epcotty Look further on the boards ( under Orlando Hotels & Attractions I believe) and there are many many people going to WDW only and staying offsite: vacation homes, extended stay resorts, timeshares etc for a variety of reasons

A friend of mine owns a home in Kissimmee that she rents out ( she lives in MA ) and never has trouble booking, most times she has trouble NOT booking so she can spend some time there herself

If you look at my signature you will see I've spent lots of time off property- we stay in various vacation homes right off of 192 and Formosa Gardens Blvd. we love the extra room, multiple tv's, laundry room, and private pool. The parks are crowded enough! I realize many people stay onsite because they want to live in the magic, but offsite is what our family prefers! No matter where you stay, you are in WDW, so enjoy!

we trade our timeshare down to Orlando every year. we like it but we liked when we stayed on property also. they both have their perks. we usually get one very close to wdw, so we are there in just a few mins. we fly down and rent a car, which lets us do other area attractions and dining. our timeshares are usually 2 or more bedrooms, full kitchen, balcony, washer/dryer in unit, atleast 3 TV's, dvd player, Jacuzzi in master bedroom. would love to live in them!!

I'm here now, staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek along with many other "Disney" families. This is our first stay here although we've stayed at their sister resort, the Waldorf Astoria.

This place is great for families! We have 2 Queen beds, a mini fridge, there's a shuttle that runs to each park hourly, a beautiful pool, arcade, restaurants with free kids breakfasts (with paying adult), etc. Plus, I can see the Illuminations fireworks from my window, as well as DHS, AK and POP.

As stated above, we have an entire Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum to discuss non-Disney resorts. So I'm going to go ahead and close this thread here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter