Does anyone use Excel for their budget???

scmickeygal

Earning My Ears
I just got the Video Professor CD's for the trial on Treasure Troopers and I so wanted to learn excel so I was wondering if anyone has set up their budget in Excel and if it really helps them? Also, does anyone have a template they are willing to share (Erase your personal data of course)? I am learning all about how to make the formulas. They didnt have excel when I went to college so I have to learn. YOu wouldnt believe the difference it makes when looking for a job!! thanks.

I use Excel for our budget. I love that I can play with the numbers and see how various expenses or extra income will affect our budget. The way I have set up, I can project our expenses/ savings for the next 6 years. I'd be willing to share if you're interested, although mine is fairly generic.

I do my home budget on excel and its been working for me for several years. I'm sure that there are easier ways, such as Quicken, but I've been using this spreadsheet for so long I just stick with it. I would be happy to send out a fake sample that I made to share with a friend recently, if you PM me with your email address.

I do my budget in Excel. I set up an "envelope" budget in there. I prefer to not have so much cash out so I subtract my expenses from each "envelope" instead of fiddling with the actual cash.

It's pretty easy to do, you just have your total balance on the top and set up each envelope (category) to subtract from the subtotal above so that it keeps a running total.

When I get each check, I divide it out between each "envelope" (line of the budget) and I update it at the end of each day as I spend money.

At the end of the day I check my bank balance, update the totals, and remove what I spent from each category. That way it subtracts the expenses from my total balance and I can see how much I have left in my account, what's left in each category, and what's left over after everything gets paid.

I know I'm not explaining it well, but it's not complicated to set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter