• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone that goes to WDW alot ever get bored? I did...

disney_girl125

Mouseketeer
I love disney. I have been twice a year for the past few years. I just got back a few days ago, and before that it had been since August. I really hate to admit it, but this time I found myself a bit bored. In everything else I do, I like to see new things, etc. This time everything was a repeat, besides the sdmt. I didn't do water parks and I didn't do park hoppers. I guess that could have been the problem. I also stayed at pop, and was wishing I had stayed at a resort with more stuff to do. It's just me and my 3 kids that go. So, that makes it tough too. For those that go often, what do you do to make disney fun? I am thinking about going again in December, but I may try universal too since we have never been.

In Epcot we always try to find something new to do, this year my daughter had a list of questions she asked in every country. She now has lots of material if she wants to do a report & she learned a lot.

I love disney. I have been twice a year for the past few years. I just got back a few days ago, and before that it had been since August. I really hate to admit it, but this time I found myself a bit bored. In everything else I do, I like to see new things, etc. This time everything was a repeat, besides the sdmt. I didn't do water parks and I didn't do park hoppers. I guess that could have been the problem. I also stayed at pop, and was wishing I had stayed at a resort with more stuff to do. It's just me and my 3 kids that go. So, that makes it tough too. For those that go often, what do you do to make disney fun? I am thinking about going again in December, but I may try universal too since we have never been.
The key is to find new experiences each time that you go.

If you've never been there in December, check out all of the holiday experiences like Osborne Lights, MVMCP, and CP. Try the special treats that are only available at the holidays and check out all of the resort decorations.

At other times of the year, you could book tea at the GF. Or rent a water sprite. Taking a fishing excursion. Visit Splitsville or DQ. Do a round of mini golf. Take a tour. Hunt for hidden Mickeys. Do Agent P's World Showcase Adventure in Epcot or Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

You didn't mention your kids' ages, but if they are still stuck on the same age group attractions, that could be part of it -- I mean, Dumbo gets old if you never get a chance to ride Space Mnt. My DS13 and DS11 really have no interest in Disney and prefer the rides and theming of Universal. You should give it a try!

We were going every year for our vacation as well. The last time we went, my kids knew the parks like the back of their hands. We had gone at different times, of the year, stayed at different resorts each time, went to different restaurants. But, even doing all that, on our last trip, we found that we were bored, got frustrated with the crowds, lines, and then each other. At that point, it was time to find a different destination for our family vacations.

It has been so good for our family. I think we will go back one year, but we still have a lot of other places we want to go to before we return.

We go to Disney twice a year. This summer, we will try new experiences. We have booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the Hoop de Doo Review and we've made a list of snacks we'd like to try.
Perhaps taking a few years off from Disney will help in renewing your love for the parks.
I hope that even though you found your vacation redundant, you still had fun spending time with your family!

We go multiple times per year but have never been bored. We always do some new things. Last trip we rented a pontoon, had a late night picnic at the beach at BLT watching the Electrical Water Pageant and did a couple drinks & desserts we hadn't tried. Upcoming trip new things will be Splitsville, Behind the Seeds tour and Flower and Garden show. I have been over 50 times and always find new stuff.

We live 1.5 hours away and up until last year we had Passes and went twice a month. Between the dog and my grad school class schedule, we never had time to go anymore, so we gave up the Passes :sad1:.

I understand the bored thing. I'd get excited that we were going, even for just a day, and then we'd get there and be like "now what?" and I know that makes me sound spoiled because there are many people who get to go once or not at all. But, that was our situation. DH and I both grew up going to Disney and there were lots of things he did as a kid, or I did as a kid, but we'd never done together. So, we got to the point where we made a list of things we never did, only did as kids, or didn't remember doing. Then, we would go with that list specifically and check those things off. It was really fun to relive some memories and make new memories. Our first time on the Jungle Cruise together was hilarious! It's not a ride we would have gone on if it hadn't been on our "to do" list.

At the holidays it's especially fun to go to the different resorts and see the decorations. That might not be easy with small kids, but if you can, I'd recommend it.

We were going every year for our vacation as well. The last time we went, my kids knew the parks like the back of their hands. We had gone at different times, of the year, stayed at different resorts each time, went to different restaurants. But, even doing all that, on our last trip, we found that we were bored, got frustrated with the crowds, lines, and then each other. At that point, it was time to find a different destination for our family vacations.

It has been so good for our family. I think we will go back one year, but we still have a lot of other places we want to go to before we return.

This is our family also. I just can't pull myself away from the Disney boards although I spend a ton of time on TripAdvisor Forums now.

Our youngest still enjoys Disney so this past February, we spent one day in Epcot and let the other two kids pick a day somewhere else. I have to admit I enjoyed the kayaking with a guide at Cocoa Beach much more than the day in Epcot. Sad but true.....

Yes! We used to go every year for a 7-14 night trip. I found myself not feeling the magic as much :(. We went last September for 2 weeks and while it was fun, it kind of just felt like we did a lot of "I don't know, what do you want to do?" once we got to a park. When I was a kid, we went every 3 years and I remember all the anticipation and all the new things to see and do each time. I miss that feeling. I also find we get much more cranky and frustrated with crowds/other people going more often.

We're taking a 2 1/2 year break so I think that will definitely cure my "boredom" and give us a chance to go on some other amazing vacations. We are going for a long weekend to Orlando in October, but only because our Busch Gardens platinum passes are expiring in December so we'll hit up Sea World, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Discovery Cove (not free, but pass members can buy tickets for $99) one more time.

I would imagine doing anything over and over would get boring. I love WDW, but couldn't see going multiple times a year unless I lived within an hour or so of the park. There is just too much the world has to offer and so much you can do if you saved the money multiple trips a year or even one trip every year would cost. We go somewhere new every year and will always plan a visit back to WDW every few years b/c it is a fun place, but otherwise we will be checking out new places on our big yearly vacation.

There are so many great vacation options out there. I think a lot of us get addicted to the planning and like the predictable nature of Disney. Just going to a few new restaurants or playing mini golf isn't going to make your trip any more interesting. We took a 2 year break from disneyworld and now I'm happy to be going back. In the meanwhile we took a cruise to Bermuda and a trip to California. Both trips were wonderful. Most human beings need variety and novelty, and since we don't always get that in day to day life, it's great to get that on vacation.

We went to all 4 Disney Parks this past December and this year we will be going to Vero Beach for 3 nights and OKW for 4. We are planning on going to Epcot only (we don't have kids) as far as Disney Parks go. We will go to Downtown Disney and explore other things to do like the Holy Land Experience & perhaps Kennedy Space center. Next year we are planning on a Disney Cruise. Our trips still involve Disney but hopefully in a way that keeps that magical desire to visit all 4 parks.

We got bored with WDW back in 2007 and headed west to Disneyland and California. It is now our home park. We still visit WDW but DL is so much fun. We also expanded our horizons to other areas of the country. San Diego is amazing with the Hotel Del Coronado. Monterey, San Fran, and Yosemite Natl Park are all must do's as well. We also just got back from Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard which were stunningly beautiful. As much as we did WDW back in the 90's and 2000's I look back and wish we had of expanded our trips out west sooner and then to other places in the world. I really feel like WDW is getting old and stale. The new fantasyland in my opinion are a major letdown especially after visiting Carsland in California.

Our trips have changed. We don't go for 7-10 days like we use to. Now 4 days for us is plenty. Also since we go in the summer (usually August) we do a lot of resort down time.
We are lucky in that we also take other trips, I couldn't do Disney every year if it was the only trip we did.

I don't think we will ever get bored of Disneyland!
We made an honest attempt to go to places other than DL over the last couple of years - visiting major landmarks/cities in CA, and we've been doing a lot of that since we moved to AZ in January.

I only need to see the Grand Canyon once every 30 years but I could go to DL every day!

We love everything else we've seen, but at this point after well over 100 days spent there, Disneyland is my kids' home away from home! :hug:

We went eight times in six years, and we were all getting bored. We took a year and a half off, and it really helped.

The last trip I went through my 12th It's Tough To Be A Bug show I was sitting there and was like, I've done this all so many times before, I know all the lines and the creepy crawlys at the end, it's just not surprising anymore. So this year we are doing something new, were heading to Universal for the 1st time (and looking foward to it) :)

I'm with you on the boredom, mostly when it comes to the rides. Going from same ride to same ride year after year was boring.

Because of that, we mixed things up the last time we went. We spent an afternoon at DisneyQuest, something we had never done before. We went to a movie one evening at DTD - did the whole dinner while we watched thing. We went to tea at the Grand Floridian, and my daughter and my sister went to get their nails done at the spa afterwards while I enjoyed a nice, quiet drink by myself up in the bar - a true luxury :lmao:. We just hung out at the pool one afternoon while I did laundry and we ate those massive ice cream cookie sandwiches they make at ASMusic. DD and I really enjoyed doing those things, and it brought back the sense of "vacation" for me, which I was missing on the last few trips. But I also realized many of those things can be done on many vacations - it was really the outside of the parks stuff like the tea, movie and even the ice cream cookie sandwich that we remembered most fondly when we came back.

So we are somewhat over long trips to Disney. We are not doing WDW this year and going somewhere else for our official vacation, although we may slip in a few days at DLR at the end of August (but I'm not fully committed to that yet). And even though we have been in a WDW every other year mode the last 4-5 years, next year it looks like we will completely skip again and go to Hawaii instead - and bake our own cookies for ice cream sandwiches in a condo on the beach ;) I expect at some point we will go back to WDW, but it will be awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter