Does anyone remember this website?

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY

<font color=0099FF>Creates edible masterpieces<br>
Does anyone remember (or preferably have a link to) the website that showed all the crazy, uncomfortable shoes that people wear to the theme parks?

i cant figure out how to find the pics of the shoes at that link...?

It's the third icon down. You have to read the text next to it to see. The site hasn't been updated in years but the shoes are still funny.

Haven't checked out the site, but I have seen some doozies. Made my feet hurt in sympathy . What are they they thinking?

OK, laugh at me if you wish but, I just have to ask why people find it crazy to wear flip flops to the parks? I have been dozens of times and worn flip flops several times with no problems.:confused3

Maybe it's because in my part of Florida (a beach town) flip flops are everyday wear?

OK, laugh at me if you wish but, I just have to ask why people find it crazy to wear flip flops to the parks? I have been dozens of times and worn flip flops several times with no problems.:confused3

Maybe it's because in my part of Florida (a beach town) flip flops are everyday wear?

I'm not a flip flop fan but I'd never laugh. I wear the same leather sandals from Walmart I wear everywhere else I go. I've never put the thought into park footwear that I see many on this board do. Never occurred to me. I think there must be a lot of variables (what you do for a living, general health, etc.).

I was just thinking about that site not that long ago. I was somewhere where a woman was wearing really inappropriate shoes for the venue.

PryncessLace said:

I wouldn't laugh at you. I'm usually not a flip flop wearer. However, I have a pair of Nike comfort footbed flip flops that I only wear to theme parks and trade shows. Why? Because the footbed is *the* most comfortable I've ever encountered. Much better than sneaker with insoles like Happy Feet.

I think people should be more concerned with the footbed of the shoes and not the shoes themselves!

It depends on the flip flop and the size of the person. I got a pair of Teva flip flops this year that are like walking on air. They are cushiony and have great arch supports. I could picture walking around the parks in them, but I will still probably stick to sneakers most of the time.

What I don't get is people who wear those cheap flat flit flops with no support and the big plastic doohickey between their toes. Especially if the person is on the bigger side. I get that for a young little pixie it might not matter, but a 200+ pound woman really needs a little support.

I'm sure flip flops are a podiatrists worst nightmare. I always wear them tho and they are comfy for me but I'm sure I'm ruining my foot somehow. During the week I wear crocs to work so maybe it evens out. I just can't see wearing hot hot sweaty sneakers in the parks.

I'm not a flip flop fan but I'd never laugh. I wear the same leather sandals from Walmart I wear everywhere else I go. I've never put the thought into park footwear that I see many on this board do. Never occurred to me. I think there must be a lot of variables (what you do for a living, general health, etc.).

I had a pair of sandals from Kohl's that I wore practically every day last summer and the summer before. They had a little heel and they were great.

I never had to worry about footwear choices until I was pregnant with my last son. I developed plantar fasciitis probably from running around my house barefoot with all that extra weight. Then I aggravated it when I was training for a 5K a few years ago. Now I put a little more thought into my footwear choices. Gone are the days I could dance all night in heels. :sad1:

It depends on the flip flop and the size of the person. I got a pair of Teva flip flops this year that are like walking on air. They are cushiony and have great arch supports. I could picture walking around the parks in them, but I will still probably stick to sneakers most of the time. What I don't get is people who wear those cheap flat flit flops with no support and the big plastic doohickey between their toes. Especially if the person is on the bigger side. I get that for a young little pixie it might not matter, but a 200+ pound woman really needs a little support.
My sister is one of those that wear the cheap plastic old navy flip flops all over the parks. I personally would be crying in pain before I ever made it through the gates, but they never bother her. I actually wore athletic shoes in the parks for the first time this summer and I was in heaven! Reebok zigs.

We saw a woman walking around the World Showcase last Saturday night wearing 3 inch high orange stiletto heels. She also had on a very short black dress.

We saw a woman walking around the World Showcase last Saturday night wearing 3 inch high orange stiletto heels. She also had on a very short black dress.

That is the stuff my nightmares are made of!! My feet hurt enough after wearing $100 running shoes all day at Disney....I can't even imagine!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter