Does anyone remember Belle Isles ?

Jaylens Papa

Jaylens Papa
It was a restaurant down Harbour, on the right just passed Orangewood. Strange pink building.
It had Fred Flintstone size ribs. A breakfast with a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon. A desert case with cream pies and puffs with 5 inches or more of cream. I remember going there early 80's. I'm not sure how much longer it was around.
Just thinking about the good old days.

was the restaurant sort of famous for having HUGE portions of everything?
and had pictures of famous actors (those who have eaten there) on the wall?

I think John Candy was one of them ? if so, then yup I remember that place.

I went there on a Disneyland trip back in 1991

was the restaurant sort of famous for having HUGE portions of everything? and had pictures of famous actors (those who have eaten there) on the wall? I think John Candy was one of them ? if so, then yup I remember that place. I went there on a Disneyland trip back in 1991

Sounds like it.
Bright pink. You couldnt miss it

LOVED that place! I grew up in Stanton and we would go there after visiting DL for the day. Wish I could take me kids there now. They would be amazed by the desserts!

I think I must be the only person in the world that did not like that restaurant. Every time we went to DL, my husband insisted we eat there.
I did not shed any tears when it was gone.
But to each his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter