Does anyone not "hop"?

We hop almost every day. We start out early at a park, take a break at the hotel and then hit a different park for fireworks or dinner or just for the heck of it. lol

We've had 5 day hopper passes, and only hopped once. We found it to be more trouble than it was worth! The day we did hop, we spent the morning over at Animal Kingdom and then went to spend the rest of the day over at Epcot.

I used to like hopping as a child on family trips when I was only focused on riding as many rides as I could, but this past trip I decided not to because it was DH's first trip. Now I prefer not to hop because I feel each park can be a day's worth of entertainment if you take the time to also enjoy the minor attractions and small touches at a relaxed pace. Having said that, if you want to hop, I believe AK and MGM can be done in the same day. You also have to keep in mind the amount of time it may take to get from park to park and if it's worth it. Just do whatever is right for the temperament of your family. :goodvibes

We don't tend to hop. We try to do as much as we can in a park in a day. If a park closes early, we go to Downtown Disney or something. So the last time we didn't buy the Park Hopper.

We get them to have the flexibility but we have a small family so its not too much extra. We don't usually hop but I like having it as an option.

However, I did hear a woman whining to the CM at the AKL about not being able to hop - she didn't buy the PH option. Apparently it rained when they were at MK, went back to the AKL - not staying for Wishes (cleared up later - we were there same day). Anyway, she was upset that she didn't get to see wishes and couldn't understand that Disney wouldn't make the allowance for her to PH because it rained. :confused3 CM was very patient but explained that it wasn't WDW's fault that it rained on her vacation. :rotfl2:

We don't hop either. We choose a park to visit for the day and plan our meals either around that park, or the resorts that are near that park. If we go to a park that closes early (such as Animal Kingdom), then we will either spend the evening at DTD, at the Boardwalk, or even back at our resort and the kids will swim during the evening. I'm glad Disney came out with so many different ticket options. Not adding on the hopper option has saved us some money and allowed us to add more days on to the base option. We do, however, add the no expiration option. We can get two separate trips out of a 10 day ticket.

We have never hopped. And probably won't. There tend to be no little ones in our group, so there usually isn't a need to rest in the afternoon.

We usually don't hop. However, this year with our daughter being older(12), we might catch more of the fireworks.

I have in the past and it was fine,but I decided this trip we would do one park per day. Go back to the BWV for a break and then head back to the park. I planned all my ADR's around what park I would be at that day.

Kinda glad to have an early closing at AK so we can get to bed early atleast one night!!

Good luck! :goodvibes

We had hoppers last time and never hopped. It was our first trip and we had 4 kids with us. It just seemed like the time it would take to get us and 4 kids from one park to another was more trouble than it was worth. If it was just DW and I or if we had been to WDW many times, we might find more reason to hop around, but for now, we'll be sticking with base tickets.

We have always park hopped. We usually stay at an Epcot resort for part or all of our trip - we really enjoy going into EPCOT at night to walk around. Also, we have gone to an EMH morning park and then went to another park when the EMH park got crowded. We usually rent a car and, with staying at an EPCOT resort, it is much easier to park hop.

On our first visit, we 'hopped'. Did MGM half day and AK half day....I hated it and so did everyone else we were with. It felt rushed and we missed alot. I've never 'hopped' since. The only reason I'd consider hopping again would be do go to another park after one closed early ...as in AK. Even then ...u don't have to hop when we can head over to DTD for nothing. 'Hopping' just isn't for us...we enjoy "seeing" the park...not running through them. JMHO :earsboy:

We didn't get hoppers last year and we did not miss them. I tmade things simpler. We don't plan to buy them this year. Instead we get longer passes (7 days). My kids are pretty little -- now 4 and 6 -- and one long trip a day to a theme park is enough. We stayed offsite/onsite last year. This year we are doing the whole trip offsite.

If it were just me and DH, we would definitely hop, especailly to Epcot for dinner.

Like the OP, we too wondered what to do, then decided to buy the 7 day non-hopper, expiring, passes (purchased at Ticketmania before Christmas for $192 each - all taxes and shipping in!). Remembering our past visits, we sometimes park hopped, but usually didn't. Typically, if we were spending the day at MK, we might go back to our resort for a while, but would generally head back and continue on where we "stopped". And we are saving enough $$ (having to buy 4 adult passes) that we can use the money to do something special! ::yes::

We got the hoppers a couple of years ago and only used them a couple of times to get into another park to eat. It's just not worth the extra money for us because there's so much to do in each park, we found we just stay to that park for the full day and evening. We decided that we'd save the money and just eat in the park we decided to go into. Now that the calandar goes further out in months, it will be easier to plan dinner TS around the EMH's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter