• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does ANYONE like Carribbean Beach Resort??

Philagoofy

<font color=purple>Guess my favorite dog!<br><font
We just came back from staying at Music and on the last day my husband made reservations for next year! :banana: The 3 times we've stayed in the park it was always at a value since we don't spend much time at the resort, saves us some money. I usually do the planning but he decided to just pick one of the moderate resorts that the reservationist mentioned. He doesn't know anything about any of them.

It seems a lot is mentioned about the others but not too much about CBR. It's just the 2 of us and I think next time he wants something with a little more of a fancy atmosphere than the fun kind the values have. He made a good choice, right?:confused3

We stayed at all the moderate resorts before becoming Disney Vacation Club members and CBR is our favorite. You'll have a blast!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We loved CBR when we stayed there in June. It has a great tropical/beach feel that we love. The kids (and me) can't wait to go back.

I stayed at CBR back in 2001 and loved it. If CSR is not available during my dates next year, I want to return to CBR. The grounds are beautiful with a tropical feel. The pool is great and will be even better after the rehab. There is a decent foodcourt. And the rooms are awesome, offering the largest rooms of all the Mods. I highly recommend the resort.

There are many many fans of CBR. You might want to take a look at the CBR FAQ thread listed below.

We just got back from CBR a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it! It was the first moderate that we've stayed in, and we would definitely stay there again. Just like you, it was just myself and the DH, and we found that it was perfect for us.
In fact, there is a FAQ thread for CBR somehwhere on this board, and one of the last posts should be my review along with several pictures. Check that out, I think you will find a lot of good info there.

We love CBR and have stayed there several times. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the grounds are beautiful! I highly recommend CBR!

We're staying at CBR for the first time in two months and we can not wait! Safetymom has some great photos and her FAQ thread has convinced us that we've made the right decision. There are a few other regulars who also have some great CBR photos. And where is Lisa? Her detailed reports on CBR always get us excited about our upcoming trips.

I've stayed there several times. In fact, we're staying there this weekend to go to the MNSSHP. It's one of the best mods there is. Great food court and theming.

We stayed there in Aug/Sep and were very happy. We are planning a deluxe resort stay for 2008 and KNOW we will miss the food court at CBR.

The main pool may be closed during your stay, however each village has a quiet pool. You are not travelling with kids looking for the water slide, so it should be fine for you. I suspect it will be even quieter since more families with kids will chose other locations, all the better for an adult trip to WDW!

CBR is one of our favorite moderates! The resort is really beautiful and has a very laid back and relaxing feel to it. You'll love it! :love:

We have also stated a CBR and loved it. We'll be back there in Dec. We have no kids and found it a very relaxing and peaceful stay. There is a wondrful section of woods with a elevated wooden walkway that has benches tucked away. great place to sit back with a drink and just chill. The food court is pretty good, we found the little store had the best Turkey and Cranberry sandwiches!!!!:love: We had those alot. The bridge by the pool is a great spot to catch Illuminations from too.

Have a Wonderful and Enjoyable stay.:cool1:

DH and I Disneymooned at CBR in 1998. We really loved it! We stayed in a garden view room in the Jamaica section. Having said that, we have since stayed at POR Riverside and liked it more. We had kids when we stayed at POR and found the pool a lot better, we also enjoyed the overall theming more lush, just due to the theming. CBR is beautifully landscaped, POR was just more our taste. We also enjoyed the rustic decor of the rooms in Alligator Bayou.

You won't be disappointed, CBR is really nice!

We just came back from staying at Music and on the last day my husband made reservations for next year! :banana: The 3 times we've stayed in the park it was always at a value since we don't spend much time at the resort, saves us some money. I usually do the planning but he decided to just pick one of the moderate resorts that the reservationist mentioned. He doesn't know anything about any of them.

It seems a lot is mentioned about the others but not too much about CBR. It's just the 2 of us and I think next time he wants something with a little more of a fancy atmosphere than the fun kind the values have. He made a good choice, right?:confused3

We Love CBR ! Doing a split trip in Nov. , 7 days at home resort ( BWV ) then 5 at CBR. Excellent food court!

We have not stayed there in quite a while - we are DVC members now - but we did enjoy it on the occasions we did. It was the first moderate that Disney opened and I think it is a lovely property.

My wife and I also Disneymooned at CBR in '05 and absolutely loved it! It was my wife's first time at Disney World and my first time staying on site. It was also during early December so all of the Christmas festivities were in full swing. We would have stayed there again last year, but decided to try a value and save some money for the DDP. Had we not bought a DVC, we would have probably stayed at CBR again this year. :santa:

I haven't stayed there yet, but the girls and I are REALLY looking forward to staying there in Jan. If we don't like it, there are plenty of other choices for our next visit. We're really only sleeping there as it is.

We stayed at CBR once. We loved the resort, but didn't love the LONG walk to the main building. The quiet pools were really nice.

CBR's food court is really good - we used it a lot this summer when we stayed at Pop. (No pushing and shoving as in Pop's food court.)

You won't be disappointed with CBR.

CBR was the very first resort I had ever stayed in Disney (and was my very first time to Disneyworld!). After that I was hooked! So beautiful. I literally cried the first time I went to Disney and went to CBR. That resort will always have such wonderful memories for me. CBR is very beautiful, uplifting with all the beautiful colors. I still get teary eyed when I think of that first trip and our very first time at CBR, so beautiful!!! :thumbsup2 :love: :hippie: :woohoo: And I have to say a BIG step up from the values IMO and well worth it.

DH (then DF) and I stayed there on our first joint WDW vacation. We thought it was lovely. There are nice walking paths, and though the resort is large, it didn't feel like it was difficult to navigate.

I don't know if they still have them, but we rated the double hammocks on the beach :love: :love: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter