Does Anyone Know Why???

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know why Disney has changed when Value Season Starts in the summer. It has, the past several years, always been the first week of August, but in 2009 it does not start until August 9 I believe for the value and mods.

I don't know for sure but I would guess Disney did it because they realized they could make more money. ;) If the first week of August has become a busy time of year then that would explain why they rasied the rates.

My guess would be money.

What value means is it is a time when the resorts are at lower than average capacity. If Disney has those resorts filled at average (or above), it isn't value season. I'm sure Disney has noticed the resorts fill up in August and value season then starts later. Giving a lower rate wouldn't make sense. Now, if resort capacity drops, you may see it go back to value season.

I noticed in general in 2009, value season dates are not as prevalent over the last few years.

Thanks for your reply's. I figured it would have to do with money. Normally we go the first week do to it being our birthday's and anniversary, but we will probably only stay our first night at POP then move to deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter