Does anyone know why they "push" the desserts...

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
and appetizers, etc. for the DDP. Several times on our trip last week we were just too full for dessert and I swear it seemed the servers got annoyed with us. :confused3 Or would suggest we take it home, or one even substituted a water bottle for me! Does anyone know why they do this? I was a bit surprised.

No this wasn't only at table service restaurants, but at counter service restaurants as well. In fact, it was mainly at counter service restaurants. :confused3

as it would be helpful my DH has sugar problems and doesn't like sugar free dessert but would love an extra bottle of water. I also would sometimes prefer this to. I had hope they would drop the CS dessert on DDP but replace it with an extra snack credit and then those that wanted cake with there lunch could use it for that and others like my DH would have an extra drink. Please let me know which CS places did this?

I think it's CMs who aren't sure what they are doing. I don't know if there is a special way to ring up the DP at CS locations; maybe if you don't get all of the components they can't figure it out? Last August the CM at Cosmic Rays made us get a side, she wouldn't ring in our order unless I got a side of soup with my Ceasar salad. It was strange, and I didn't eat the soup so it was a waste. The rest of the trip we purchased combo meals so there wasn't an issue.

At TS, they will push all the components because it adds up to a larger tip.

Amazing......and yet you are probably right.. They might not know how to ring it up separately and so figure rather than having to call yet again to get instructions on how to ring it up separately and a black mark beside their name, force the guest to take it. Yikes.

I suspect the CS folks do so because they're encouraged by management to do so. It makes the guest feel like they're getting a better deal, having to refuse food they don't want.

It also prevents guests from coming back for their desserts. I can see one family member coming back to the table and being asked why they didn't get the dessert. I can also see guests thinking they could come back later for their dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter