• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone know of any planned sporting competitions in April 2014?

Ames389

Earning My Ears
I will start by saying I have really been doing some studying. This will be my 21st trip with my family of four. We have stayed at all values and mods. We are planning a trip the first full week in April which makes me a little nervous as we usually travel in January. Easter is late this year and after doing research it seems 70% of schools have Spring Break the week either before or after Easter. Crowd charts show I should be "okay" early April...not the busiest week.
Long story short...should We go ASMu and risk cheerleaders...which I don't see scheduled...OR POFQ and know or sure we would avoid a touring group. Problem is my Tweens like Music and I enjoy being cheap which means we are leaning toward Music. Any outside information would be greatly appreciated! Any groups I'm missing?

Learned the hard way - twice burned. When you reserve I would tell them to put in your request that you are not near any of the tour groups, you wish to be in a family building. Doesn't help pool or worst yet the food court :eek: but hopefully you will sleep.

NOTE: We live in Georgia and spring break has nothing to do with Easter other than private schools. Most counties around us are out the first week of April.

My children's high school band/marching band trip is scheduled April 3-7 2014 at ASMu. When we were there two years ago we were in the very back building on the right if you're looking from the front. They never practiced or played at the resort but I can't vouch for other schools. Just an FYI. :)

Also, lockdown was 11:00 PM, their doors were taped so they weren't running around too late at night. The food court, however, was a bit of a concern when they hit it at the same time as other groups. Seating wasn't an issue but it took a while to get through the throngs to get your food and pay.

Also, lockdown was 11:00 PM, their doors were taped so they weren't running around too late at night. The food court, however, was a bit of a concern when they hit it at the same time as other groups. Seating wasn't an issue but it took a while to get through the throngs to get your food and pay.

I kudo your chaperoning!!!! We were in Broadway with a cheer group. They were out on the grass until 2-3am practicing their cheers. Chaperones no where in sight.

Thank you so much! I totally forgot about marching bands....and my son is in one! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter