• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone know of a good vacuum for under $100?

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
I need to buy a new vacuum like, today, and I only have about $100 to spend on one. Obviously I won't be getting a Dyson like I would like to get, but I would like something decent. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have 3 cats so it has to be good with picking up cat hair. I don't care what brand it is, just as long as it does what it's supposed to! :rotfl:

I need to buy a new vacuum like, today, and I only have about $100 to spend on one. Obviously I won't be getting a Dyson like I would like to get, but I would like something decent. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have 3 cats so it has to be good with picking up cat hair. I don't care what brand it is, just as long as it does what it's supposed to! :rotfl:

We just bought a new one Saturday. We had a Dyson for years and it bit the dust. After having one for so long I just could not buy anything else so we ended up with the DC25 pet one with the ball. It is a lot of fun to use. Anyway we got ours at Best Buy as they were having a good sale and I did notice they had several other brands priced at around $100.00 or less

I got this one at Christmas Time based on a long thread at another site:

http://www.walmart.com/Hoover-Whisper-Cyclonic-Upright-Vacuum/ip/10258692

It sometimes fluctuates under $100. It basically is one of the early Dyson models (DC-07, I think). Hoover licensed the technology from Dyson. Works great and is fairly quiet. I've got no complaints with it at all.

Mike

I have 3 cats and have been really happy with the Bissell vaccums from Walmart. I dont' buy the cheapest (79.00), but they are around 100.00. They are Bagless and have an addtional hand attatchment that rotates that picks up pet hair pretty good. It works good on furniture and steps. :hippie:

Thanks for the suggestions, again! I'm staying away from Eureka for a while, that's what I have now, and basically, it's awful. And it wasn't cheap either! The hose always gets clogged and it spits stuff back out after it vacuums it up.

I ended up buying a Hoover from Target...it was supposed to be $140 but it was on sale for $96! I hope it works ok!

sorry you had problems with you Eureka none here had mine over a year and love it! Best vaccum I have ever owned.

My vacuum is one of the cheaper Kenmore models from Sears. I got it right out of college and 5 years later I have yet to have a problem. I really like it. It has taken a beating too through many moves between apartments and parties during my "younger" days.

I vote for a ShopVac. I bought mine for $36 at Walmart and love it! I have 3 kids and a basement that occasionally floods when we have heavy rain. That thing takes it all. And you can get all kinds of crazy attachments at Lowes/Home Depot for about $12-15 each. I don't think I'll ever buy any other kind of vacuum again. Good Luck!

I see where you bought one already, but for the future... we bought a Rainbow off of Craigslist for $50. I was skeptical, but when we got there, it was brand new. It is the greatest thing I have ever owned, and have bought a second one as a back up. We have a French Bulldog that sheds like crazy, and it is awesome on getting hair up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter