Does anyone know of a good condo to rent that sleeps 16?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Hi, this will be the first time we've considered renting a condo for a trip.
We are used to staying onsite or offsite at a hotel.

We are having a hard time finding ones available that can sleep 16 most likely because we are not booking a year in advance and when we are going is a peak time.
We are going the week leading up to Easter 2017.
The trip idea in general and the condo idea were only introduced recently and I knew it would be difficult but I guess I didn't know that it would be THIS difficult lol.

Does anyone know of any condos in the general area (we will be driving so 20-30 minut5es away from WDW isn't out of the question) that will fit my needs for size and dates?

Really in need of some help or other suggestions :)

BTW budget is an issue here which is why we wanted to rent a condo.
It's multiple families staying in the house and we are going to divide the price by 5 ways.

Hi, this will be the first time we've considered renting a condo for a trip.
We are used to staying onsite or offsite at a hotel.

We are having a hard time finding ones available that can sleep 16 most likely because we are not booking a year in advance and when we are going is a peak time.
We are going the week leading up to Easter 2017.
The trip idea in general and the condo idea were only introduced recently and I knew it would be difficult but I guess I didn't know that it would be THIS difficult lol.

Does anyone know of any condos in the general area (we will be driving so 20-30 minut5es away from WDW isn't out of the question) that will fit my needs for size and dates?

Really in need of some help or other suggestions :)

BTW budget is an issue here which is why we wanted to rent a condo.
It's multiple families staying in the house and we are going to divide the price by 5 ways.
Try Regal Palms their prices are usually reasonable.

My neighbor used vacationbythemouse.com. I have been looking for a condo for next June and I noticed they have some 8 bedroom places on there.

Does it have to be a condo? We have rented houses for 12 - 24 people in the Disney area and they have always worked out great! You can have a private pool, game room and even a theater in homes that sleep that many. There are still lots of houses left for your week in subdivisions close to Disney, like Windsor Hills. We use homeaway.com or vrbo. A lot of people seem to like All Star Vacation homes. We have never been disappointed when renting a house.

Also, if you are splitting the cost for a house 5 ways, it could reasonably be $300 - $500 per family for a week! You won't be able to find a hotel for that near Disney! :)

Does it have to be a condo? We have rented houses for 12 - 24 people in the Disney area and they have always worked out great! You can have a private pool, game room and even a theater in homes that sleep that many. There are still lots of houses left for your week in subdivisions close to Disney, like Windsor Hills. We use homeaway.com or vrbo. A lot of people seem to like All Star Vacation homes. We have never been disappointed when renting a house.

Thanks.
A house is actually what we'd prefer!
We have looked on both of those sites.
Unfortunately several that said they had availability ended up not once we contacted the owners.
One that did have availability was extremely rigid and he owns a number of properties advertised on those sites.
My sister also just saw an article that says those websites recently started charging site fees so its better to book direct with an owner if possible.

The fees are a nuisance but they do protect against fraud. You're going to need at least a 7 br house if not 8 for 16 people. They're only licensed for 2 times the number of bedrooms plus 2 on a sofa bed if they have it. Or try emeraldislandprivaterentals.com They also have privaterentals in these : Reunion, Windsor Hills, Highlands Reserve,Champions Gate, maybe others.

The fees are a nuisance but they do protect against fraud. You're going to need at least a 7 br house if not 8 for 16 people. They're only licensed for 2 times the number of bedrooms plus 2 on a sofa bed if they have it. Or try emeraldislandprivaterentals.com They also have privaterentals in these : Reunion, Windsor Hills, Highlands Reserve,Champions Gate, maybe others.

We had found a 6 bdrm for 16 (we technically only need it for 14 but when we search for 14 the bdrm situation ends up not working).
The 6 bdrm we found that worked had 4 king beds and 8 twin beds.
That one ended up not being available.
We found another that was for 15 with 2 king, 2 queen, and 5 twins but of course that owner has not gotten back to us in 3 days.
It would be much easier to find one if the two people that ended up being added on had not been.
This is what makes it so that we need another room because no one is willing to stay in the same bedroom as this woman and her toddler. My sister and I are not willing because we've only met her once and we have no idea about her or her toddler's sleeping habits. And the other people in the group that know her much better are both couples themselves and don't want to share a room with anyone.
No one has anything against this person and toddler but sharing a room with basically a stranger is not something I'm comfortable with.

So basically what we need is 6bdrms 4 of which have a queen or king and 2 of which have 3 twin beds and 2 twin beds.
And that is where the frustration is coming in because its difficult to find that type of combo.

Also budget is a big consideration here.
The couple that fit our needs also fit our budget being about $1,500 for 6 nights. Split 5 ways that is only $300 per "family".

My sister will be looking later today when she has time.
I just figured I'd ask on here in case anyone had suggestions.

I have been looking into everything that everyone has said and I am very appreciative for your help!

I would look at Terra Verde resort (use Homeaway). There are a lot of 7 and 8 bedroom houses available.

We're staying an Wyndsor in a couple weeks. Have a six bedroom house with a private pool. Got it for $1500 for the week.

We had found a 6 bdrm for 16 (we technically only need it for 14 but when we search for 14 the bdrm situation ends up not working).
The 6 bdrm we found that worked had 4 king beds and 8 twin beds.
That one ended up not being available.
We found another that was for 15 with 2 king, 2 queen, and 5 twins but of course that owner has not gotten back to us in 3 days.
It would be much easier to find one if the two people that ended up being added on had not been.
This is what makes it so that we need another room because no one is willing to stay in the same bedroom as this woman and her toddler. My sister and I are not willing because we've only met her once and we have no idea about her or her toddler's sleeping habits. And the other people in the group that know her much better are both couples themselves and don't want to share a room with anyone.
No one has anything against this person and toddler but sharing a room with basically a stranger is not something I'm comfortable with.

So basically what we need is 6bdrms 4 of which have a queen or king and 2 of which have 3 twin beds and 2 twin beds.
And that is where the frustration is coming in because its difficult to find that type of combo.

Also budget is a big consideration here.
The couple that fit our needs also fit our budget being about $1,500 for 6 nights. Split 5 ways that is only $300 per "family".

My sister will be looking later today when she has time.
I just figured I'd ask on here in case anyone had suggestions.

I have been looking into everything that everyone has said and I am very appreciative for your help!
That does sound like a tricky situation! I also understand about finding a home you like that ends up not being available because the calendar hadn't been updated. I hope you find something; don't give up!

Check with vacationbythemouse and see what they have for your dates. They have lots of properties that look like would fit your needs

Also look at Windsor at Westside. It's a new development with bigger, 8+bedroom homes. My group of 18 got one there for the 15-22nd of April, but for a little more than you're looking to spend. We booked it through IPG Florida Vacation Homes. Good luck in your search!

We finally found a house!

Has anyone stayed at Sunrise Lakes in Clermont?

It's a bit farther than we were hoping for but we'll make do.
We are at least familiar with the area because we've gone to The Citrus Tower many times.

It's a 7bdrm (2 king, 2 queen, and 3 rooms with two twin beds each).
Heated pool and hot tub at no extra charge.
The total is $1,525 which includes a $300 refundable security deposit.
Amazingly that price is for April 8th to 14th meaning they don't have a peak season rate hike like so many others did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter