Does anyone know of a good campground for families near Busch Gardens

DisneyWalle

DIS Veteran
We are taking my son to Busch Gardens for his birthday in September and were hoping to take our "new" pop-up. But I am having a hard time finding nice campgrounds that would be good for families. If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate them. We will be traveling from I-4/I-75 North. I would like to stay within 30 minutes of Busch Gardens if possible.

Thank you! I have been looking at this park so its good to know that its a nice one. Has anyone on the DIS ever camped at this campground?

Since I live 25 min to BG (I take Livingston Ave to Bearss Ave to Bruce B Downs S. which I think they now called co. rd. 581, and then I go across E. Fowler and then W. E. Serena Dr. and S. on McKinnley Dr. which is the back way in to Busch). But, you can also get there by taking 275 to E. Busch Blvd or even taking hwy 41 S. to E. Busch Blvd.

Anyway, since I live so close I haven't specifically camped at these places, but I have drove through them to check them out. Personally for me, state parks are beauitful but they don't offer all of the ammenities I require.
Try these places, I would stay there...

Bay Bayou RV Resort in Tampa
http://www.rvparkflorida.com/

and my hometown rv park's-

Winter Quarters (now an Encore resort)in the heart of Land O Lakes
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...de=ELS2&parkId=260503&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

This one is just off I-75 hidden down a rustic road. The place was pretty rustic and very tree'd last time I saw it a couple of years ago.
www.quailrunrv.com

We live 15 minutes away from Bush gardens. I would suggest in this area - LAZYDAYS~ They have a campground/ Camping World/ Shuttles to the Lazydays main building with Free Breakfast and lunches everyday. They have specials running through October for weekends with kids. There is a nice pool and a NEW restaurant that is inside of an RV by pool area. You can get to Bush Gardens within 20 minutes from there! Go to Lazydays Website - Seffner, FL. There is also a site for there Themed Weekend Events......

We live 15 minutes away from Bush gardens. I would suggest in this area - LAZYDAYS~ They have a campground/ Camping World/ Shuttles to the Lazydays main building with Free Breakfast and lunches everyday. They have specials running through October for weekends with kids. There is a nice pool and a NEW restaurant that is inside of an RV by pool area. You can get to Bush Gardens within 20 minutes from there! Go to Lazydays Website - Seffner, FL. There is also a site for there Themed Weekend Events......

WOW! :cool1: Thank you, I'm going to show this to my husband. I think this is where we will probably stay. Wherever, we stay I will post a review just in case it might be helpful to someone else. Again thank you! :thumbsup2

I had no idea that Lazy Days had a campground - I thought it was just an RV sales lot. It really looks like a great place!:yay::yay::yay:

I called them yesterday for Labor Day Weekend They are having a special! You pay 32.99 a night for the package is a fee of around 147.00 for 3 nights plus a catered dinner with music and a family night movie. It is on the campground website for Lazydays! Look under events. They informed me I can pay 32.99 a night - then pay 40.00 for a couple for the dinner and music (Possible a catered lunch as well?) children under (21~) Free no charge!! Not too bad. There is a winery right up the road Keel & Curley that is AWESOME! Good Luck! The new Route 10 restaurant RV is soooo cool! Enjoy the free transportation as well to Lazydays and walk around and visit Camping World! :thumbsup2

I have stayed at the campground at Lazy Days many times.
Very nice. Very clean. Nice laundry facilities.
Also, a really nice pool. And now I understand that they have added a Pub.
Woo Hoo!

Just keep in mind with Lazy Days their is very little grass if any and not alot of trees either at the campsites. It is like camping in one big parking lot in my opinion.

We did Busch Gardens and FW in 08 and stayed at Happy Traveler CG. which is about 1/4 mile east of rt 75 in Thonosassa . Not impressed and would not recommend .

We always stay at Lazy Days when we go to Busch Gardens. We love it there. There is grass between each site and small trees here and there. We like the parking lot feel because it keeps the rv clean.

The pool and hot tub are so nice. My kids love it. There is also a tennis court and 2 ping pong tables. You can borrow rackets/balls/ etc from the office.

The grounds are very pretty. To be honest my kids have ask to stay there and not even leave. Free breakfast and lunch is a nice perk. They have cheerios, rasin bran and fruit loops each morning. Each day rotates the main food item. For example, one day may be oatmeal and the next eggs with sausage. Lunch can be a hot dog and chips one day a meatball sub the next.

The staff is always friendly as well. You can't beat it for the price. The drive is very easy to Busch Gardens. Only thing I would say is do not go looking at the rvs on the lot! This could be trouble.

Only thing I would say is do not go looking at the rvs on the lot! This could be trouble.

I thought about that myself since our popup is "new" to us but is a 1992 with no bells in whistles. So I have decided to stay away from "window shopping" however, my DH is very interested in just having a "peek" at them.

How crowded does the campground normally stay especially in September?

We are taking my son to Busch Gardens for his birthday in September and were hoping to take our "new" pop-up. But I am having a hard time finding nice campgrounds that would be good for families. If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate them. We will be traveling from I-4/I-75 North. I would like to stay within 30 minutes of Busch Gardens if possible.
I've been looking at Fort Desoto in Pinellas County. Its a county park however looks to be nice.

I would have posted the link however I'm not yet worthy :-)

I thought about that myself since our popup is "new" to us but is a 1992 with no bells in whistles. So I have decided to stay away from "window shopping" however, my DH is very interested in just having a "peek" at them.

How crowded does the campground normally stay especially in September?

It isn't bad at all in September. The only time it is nuts when we have been is new years. Even when busy it isn't bad at all. Breakfast is from 8-9 and lunch from 11-1. We try to hit breakfast at 8. The kitchen staff is good at getting the food out. The campground is set up nice and even when full, doesn't seem crowded. You can't beat it for the price.

We did buy our rv 3 years ago. We have enjoyed visiting our sales guy and the staff. They have become like family. My kids love it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter